Baby Binturong and Caracal

Edit My Images
Yes
I recently had the opportunity to work with these wonderful species I believe these are the only Binturong of this kind currently in the UK. This was also the only time I have ever seen.

Binturong - Jeffery

bingtourg by purpleskyes, on Flickr

3 month old Caracal - Lynxy

lynxy 2 by purpleskyes, on Flickr

lynxy by purpleskyes, on Flickr

Last edited:
Eyes are out of focus in No1.
I find the pose in No 3 a bit strange.
I'd prefer to see No2 in colour before judging it. Potentially the best of the 3.
Sorry about that.

Agree with arclight
Also, don't where you are but they have 3 Binturong at chessington

Last edited:
I'm with Dougie on this one too - I do like the pose in #2 though.

Colchester have recently taken in the Binturong from the Rare Species centre too.

There's a small zoo near Huntingdon with some Binturong. Had them there for quite some time. #2 for me. Any chance of a colour version?

I'm with Dougie on this one too - I do like the pose in #2 though.

Colchester have recently taken in the Binturong from the Rare Species centre too.

Thats where I was at my work placement.

Agree with arclight
Also, don't where you are but they have 3 Binturong at chessington

There are various sub species the ones at chessington are a different sub species. (y)

Not sure the processing does it tbh, although binturongs are really hard to get decent shots of, lots of dark textures and the odd eyes.

Interesting pose in 3 though!

Not sure the processing does it tbh, although binturongs are really hard to get decent shots of, lots of dark textures and the odd eyes.

Interesting pose in 3 though!

He was in the middle of shaking his head.

I will maybe have another go at editing the pictures.

Was that Benson the binturong then?

I wouldn't mind seeing the originals.

Was that Benson the binturong then?

I wouldn't mind seeing the originals.

Benson? I doubt it these are new arrivals at the RSCC there are 4 of them in total. Jeffery was my favorite as he was hand raised and likes to come over and say hello.

#2 is a great pose would love to see it in colour:)

There are Binturong at Hamerton park Zoo too. DawnB posted this not me

realspeed

Last edited:
There are Binturong at Hamerton park Zoo too. DawnB posted this not me

realspeed

If Dawn would like to read above she can see the post in which I post out there are several different sub species of Binturong of which these are the only ones in UK not the only Binturong.

Last edited:
Which species is the one you posted? I cant find reference to it on here, nor on the web. There are apparently 6 subspecies.

The ones I took pictures of are Arctictis binturong whitei and I was mistaken they are the only ones currently in Europe not just the UK. (y)

I like the last one. But I agree not sure on the processing but great capture :)

Back