Baby Emily Photos

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Had our little girl last saturday, weighing 8lbs 9oz born at 08:09pm. She is a beautiful girl and very brave!!

I took a few at the hospital on the bed with a blanket and was wondering if you guys/gals could point me in some direction to get some fantastic shots! I dont feel mine are that great, they are ok as snapshots but I want to be able to get really great baby shots!

Here they are, excuse her marks on her face she had a canula in her hand and marked her face up lol

IMG_7377-1.jpg

IMG_7392-1.jpg

Will upload some more soon, photobucket seems to be playing up!

Thanks

Last edited:
Firstly CONGRATULATIONS!! Your wee girl is just beautiful :D

Secondly I LOVE the second shot of her, it is beautiful.

Congratulations - the calm before the storm!!

Take as many snaps as possible (the beauty of the digital age) as before you know it you will be looking back at them in wonder that she was ever that small!

Enjoy it :)

Congratulations on your little girl

Take as many snaps as possible (the beauty of the digital age) as before you know it you will be looking back at them in wonder that she was ever that small!
I second this, my girl is now 22 months old and I have thousands upon thousands of pics of her but it still doesn't seem enough.

2nd shot is very nice. I found this very inspirational, Sarah has mastered newborn shots IMO.
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/for...d.php?t=331955

Thank you all! I also think the 2nd shot is very nice!

I took a few more today with my nifty fifty!

IMG_7406-4.jpg

IMG_7412-8.jpg

IMG_7416-1.jpg

IMG_7423-3.jpg

IMG_7435-4.jpg

Had a quick go with my new raynox DCR-250, this was pretty much its first use so havent had much time to play with, could of done with bigger DOF:

IMG_7413-9.jpg

Let me know what you think, and what I can do to improve and get some even better shots!

Thanks

Congrats on the arrival of your beautiful daughter and what fab photos:)) may I ask what set up you used lighting etc?

Doing photos for friends soon, and your photos are what I`m trying to achieve.

Thanks

First set in the hospital I used a 430EX and bounced it upwards against to get a soft light and the ones with the hat I used natural light so no flash.

In terms of equipment I was using the kit lens 17-85mm IS lens in the hospital and the hat shots were with the 50mm f/1.8 lens!

Thanks,

Fabulous shots, and a beautiful little person you have there!

Why not try some "props", like hats, bows for her hair, blankets etc, you could make a fantastic set, and have a beautiful little model, plus different shots for your photo albums!

Lovely shots, and congratulations!

I'd have gone for a deeper dof but that's personal preference. Just lovely. :)

Congrats Matt!
She is one day older than mine :) Lovely set. It's great having a model who very rarely complains eh :)

Congrats to you too Chris!

It is nice especially as little emily is so quite and compliant! I am banging crashing around, dogs are barking and she doesn't even move an eyelid lol!

Back