Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
All snuggled up with mummy after her bath :love:

DSC_5901BW-800pix.jpg

As usual, constructive crit welcomed

Edit added:

Ok, after looking at the eyes I'm not so happy. I've decided that a little more selective PP may improve things bringing back a bit of lost detail... so what do you think?

Revised PP
DSC_5901BW2-800pix.jpg

100% crop

DSC_5901BW2-100crop.jpg

Note the white dots aren't from any sharpening - it's a newborn pores thing ;)

I'm still really impressed by the cheap and chearful 50mm f/1.8 for detail, bokeh may be harsh but you can't knock it for detail, you can even see the dry flakes of skin near her mouth at 100% :)

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying this series of shots.

Keep 'em coming!

(y)

Beautiful Picture... Caught a perfect pose tooo :)

I'm really enjoying this series of shots.

Keep 'em coming!

(y)

Thank you, I was a bit worried people might get a bit bored of them. I've tried to cover different situations/poses and the like.... I'll continue then :)

Beautiful Picture... Caught a perfect pose tooo :)

Thank you, she takes direction like a pro :D

It is really good shot. Try to increase the contrast a bit.

Thanks for your crit, it's appreciated. I was aiming for a quite creamy feel to the shot (after seeing Nikonrob's 'Tiny digits' post which I really liked) and it prints well tbh. It seams that any more contrast and it gains a slightly metallic tone and the soft feel is lost.

I was hoping to just catch Mrs V8's reflection in her eyes as she was watching her face intently, but it's not quite there this time ;)

Edit added to original post.... improvement?

Interesting, on the wife's Sony Vaio there is almost too much detail and pop in the eyes now, but on both my Dell and LG monitors it's now about right :shrug:

Still, it's how it prints that matters to me, and the edit is def better printed :) but what do you think?

Last edited:
The face is looking a tad soft in the first one for me, but I do prefer the softer version of the towel surrounding the face, so just a bit of selective sharpening of the face.

It's such a beautifully handled high key shot, but those black eyes dominate and are starting to look a bit 'Damien Omen 3' :D

You're on the right lines when you lightened the eyes, but I think they just have a bit too much pop now and the catchlights are getting a bit bright.

Quick bodge job.... :)

3510636642_c59181a632_o.jpg

Thanks CT, yes I can't believe what a difference the different monitors/LCD screens make. The edit looks OTT on the Sony and just right on my LG, it's really put a spanner in the works for me :crying:. I also calibrated my LG last night but may have to have another play.

Yes, it was the soft creamy look of the original that I loved and was very happy with, but it just lost the eye detail too far into scary blackness LOL.

I'll have a bit more of a 'selective' play, thanks for your comments (y)

Back