Back on the Macro!

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Went out in the garden after dark tonight to test a new diffuser. I've decided I'm going to go back to a single light this year, rather than the dual set up on a bracket, as it's just to bulky and won't fit in my bag!

I wasn't expecting to find much but luckily I came across this cool little Weevil.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/F6feb5]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EaTLiy]
[/url][/url]

Surprisingly, these animals are quite clean! Though ugly and
somehow pretty, I don't understand why they inspire disgust.

Well captured and rendered monsters…
very happy they stay that small!

Excellent find Neil and welcome back to Macro.
As Nick has said, detail is spot on.

Really nice clean images mate. I can't wait for the weather to change, no wee beasties about where I am. I got all my Macro gear just as winter set in.:D

Surprisingly, these animals are quite clean! Though ugly and
somehow pretty, I don't understand why they inspire disgust.

Well captured and rendered monsters…
very happy they stay that small!

Those are very, very nice indeed Neil. The first one has great impact (both eyes in focus too - that's rather good). And look at the detail in the eye in the last one! Excellent images. Well done.

Excellent find Neil and welcome back to Macro.
As Nick has said, detail is spot on.

Very jealous that you're getting at least one insect shot, still liked winter here :(

great shots matey (y)

Super re-start Neil - a fine find! :)

Paul.

Fantastic shots, Neil!!

Fab fab fab. Still really envious of you peeps being clever enough to capture these little critters.

Gaz

Great set and excellent detail Neil... you have inspired me to get out again.

Really nice clean images mate. I can't wait for the weather to change, no wee beasties about where I am. I got all my Macro gear just as winter set in.:D

Thanks everyone :)

Really looking forward to more bugs arriving now.

Great set of images Neil, with some fine detail, exposure, & framing.(y)

George.

Fantastic work Neil! I was lucky enough to find a weevil today. I thought it might be a bit early for them, so i wonder if the warm winter has brought them out.

Terrific detail. What's the diffuser you are using? I've resorted to using a shop-bought folding softbox for convenience.

Awesome detail in these shots Neil. All three are great.

Fantastic work Neil! I was lucky enough to find a weevil today. I thought it might be a bit early for them, so i wonder if the warm winter has brought them out.

Terrific detail. What's the diffuser you are using? I've resorted to using a shop-bought folding softbox for convenience.

Stunning mate

Wow, great in all aspects.
now kill it, destroy my plants

loving number 01... framing and exposure... awesome stuff

the green/yellow of the leaf counterbalances the weevil really nicely

Thanks all

Back