Backpack for Sports Photographer

Name
Victor
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I am currently looking to get a comfortable backpack which will able to fit

6d with 70-200 2.8 attached
40d with grip
24-70 2.8
Sigma 120-400
1 external flash
1-2 prime lenses
Some extra batteries, memory cards, water bottle and such

I just tried the Manfrotto Pro 50 at local camera shop and quite like it. But would still like to know what else options do I have.

Thanks!

I got a Kata HB-207 Which works a treat, you can fit a monopod in one side and a seat in the other, in the main compartment I got a D3 & D2Xs & D800 in the top compartmentand 400mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 including 1.4x and 1.7x converters all in the main section, Its a great bag and can hardly feel the weight when its on my bag and you can insert a roller onto it also from kata to turn it into a roller case, I would highly recommend it, You will easily get all your gear you listed in there, I got mine for £120 used from Gary on classifieds section of this forum

I got a Kata HB-207 Which works a treat, you can fit a monopod in one side and a seat in the other, in the main compartment I got a D3 & D2Xs & D800 in the top compartmentand 400mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 including 1.4x and 1.7x converters all in the main section, Its a great bag and can hardly feel the weight when its on my bag and you can insert a roller onto it also from kata to turn it into a roller case, I would highly recommend it, You will easily get all your gear you listed in there, I got mine for £120 used from Gary on classifieds section of this forum
Thanks for the suggestion! Just watched review of it. Quite like it but only downside is I can't access it quickly like the Manfrotto Pro 50. It seems like there are very few backpacks at this size that have some sort of quick access without the need to putting it on a surface to get the camera out

Thanks for the suggestion! Just watched review of it. Quite like it but only downside is I can't access it quickly like the Manfrotto Pro 50. It seems like there are very few backpacks at this size that have some sort of quick access without the need to putting it on a surface to get the camera out

You can have easy access to a dslr with 70-200mm f/2.8 you can pull it out of the top of the bag, but this also means taking it off your back, so probably not the quickest access bag, but apart from that is a great piece of kit to have

for hiking i use a regular backpack (north face recon) and wrap my cameras and lenses in lens wraps. just a matter of swinging it off of one shoulder and unzipping to get into it. all of the lens wraps are different colors so i know at a glance what lens or camera is in which wrap.

Back