Backpack spec

Name
Callum
Edit My Images
Yes
hi guys

Looking for a backpack to hold my Fuji xt10 plus a couple of lenses.

Ideally I would also like tripod loops on the centre at the back to hang my Manfrotto 190go tripod. Looking around the Manfrotto traveller pro backpack looks like it might do the job but was keen to see if there is anything cheaper out there that someone has had experience of (I’m weary of buying a no name Chinese job without getting a recommendation first.)

Thanks

Callum

I’ve got a manfrotto redbee 210 and it’s great,
Holds my D7500 5 lenses including 150-600,
My Mavic Pro and all sorts of accessories
Even my MacBook Pro should I wish to travel with it
Brilliant bag in my opinion,
£99 from Jessops

Last edited:
I’ve got a manfrotto redbee 210 and it’s great,
Holds my D7500 5 lenses including 150-600,
My Mavic Pro and all sorts of accessories
Even my MacBook Pro should I wish to travel with it
Brilliant bag in my opinion,
£99 from Jessops

Thanks Liam the more I look at the traveller pro the more I like the look of it! I suppose Manfrotto does bring a decent level of quality albeit at a price

Have a look on eBay at the Tamrac Expedition packs. Pretty good quality bags.

Not sure if they'll have what you're after size wise but I've just bought a K&F Concept backpack. Have to say that the quality is superb

Hi James

Does the bag have tripod straps at the side?

You can do this with it. Stick 2 legs in the side pocket and a supplied compression strap at the top.
51p8l7841NL._SL1200_.jpg

You can do this with it. Stick 2 legs in the side pocket and a supplied compression strap at the top.
51p8l7841NL._SL1200_.jpg

Depending on usage it can be a bit of a pain there. Can get caught on foliage etc (or more likely the pub doorway!), where as, when on back, if you have have passed through, chances are your tripod will.

That said, if you do have a rucksack with tripod mounted on the rear, don't bend down to tie your shoe laces, without fastening the waist band ;)

@Callumz what lenses are you carrying with the XT-10? or big 2.8 zooms, or something in between?

I've had (and still have) loads of backpacks, there is never a "one size fits all" solution but if I'm just carrying my X-T2 with smallish lens attached and second small lens in the bag, I take my Lowepro photo sport 200. It's more like a normal hiking rucksack in that that the the top of the rucksack is all carrying space, jacket, sarnies etc. Camera sits at bottom with separate side access. Tripod can go on back or side. I can also fit my smallest 3LT tripod inside the bag, which is useful sometimes. It's perhaps bigger than I need a lot of the time but actually many of the smaller backpacks that would suit small mirrorless kits don't have tripod loops at all. I have a Tamrac Expedition 6 which is ideal for this sort of the stuff but a tripod can only be fitted to the base via cargo straps.

Might be worth looking at the Lowepro flipside 200 too which has a great tripod holder. It's far bigger inside than you need but I guess you could partition it off so you're only using one side for camera stuff.

Depending on usage it can be a bit of a pain there. Can get caught on foliage etc (or more likely the pub doorway!), where as, when on back, if you have have passed through, chances are your tripod will.

That said, if you do have a rucksack with tripod mounted on the rear, don't bend down to tie your shoe laces, without fastening the waist band ;)

@Callumz what lenses are you carrying with the XT-10? or big 2.8 zooms, or something in between?

I've had (and still have) loads of backpacks, there is never a "one size fits all" solution but if I'm just carrying my X-T2 with smallish lens attached and second small lens in the bag, I take my Lowepro photo sport 200. It's more like a normal hiking rucksack in that that the the top of the rucksack is all carrying space, jacket, sarnies etc. Camera sits at bottom with separate side access. Tripod can go on back or side. I can also fit my smallest 3LT tripod inside the bag, which is useful sometimes. It's perhaps bigger than I need a lot of the time but actually many of the smaller backpacks that would suit small mirrorless kits don't have tripod loops at all. I have a Tamrac Expedition 6 which is ideal for this sort of the stuff but a tripod can only be fitted to the base via cargo straps.

Might be worth looking at the Lowepro flipside 200 too which has a great tripod holder. It's far bigger inside than you need but I guess you could partition it off so you're only using one side for camera stuff.

I also use one of these and a Manfrotto Befree fits inside too, nice little gap next to the camera storage section. Pretty decent compromise between camera gear and personal item storage.
Awful pouches on the waistband, would need arms like an Orangeutan to reach them, do they never try these things out?

Following recommendations here I checked eBay for a 2nd hand Tamrac and I’ve managed to pick up an expedition 4 for £15 - will see what it’s like before taking a look at Lowe pro options - thanks for the advice!

Ps I’m mainly carrying 10-24 plus kit lens and looking at getting a couple of primes

Back