Backup wedding camera for D90?

I've heard that about the Fuji s5 pro (not the rocking horse bit, the wedding tog fave bit) but didn't realise they took Nikon lens... New one for sale on the bay atm. These were a great buy new at £500 when retailers still had them in stock.

EDIT: Just checked, yes, compatible with Nikon F-mount lenses.

I've heard that about the Fuji s5 pro (not the rocking horse bit, the wedding tog fave bit) but didn't realise they took Nikon lens... New one for sale on the bay atm. These were a great buy new at £500 when retailers still had them in stock.

EDIT: Just checked, yes, compatible with Nikon F-mount lenses.

The S5 Pro is the same body as a Nikon D200 with different sensor, software, etc.

As has been said a lot will depend on what kind of Lenses you are going to use. I think you also need to think what you want to do with the camera - si going to be a back up as in staying in the bag in case of emergencies, or will it be used as a second body to shoot with?

If it's going to be purely for an 'in the bag' camera then I'd be tempted with a D60 / D40 as long as the lenses I owned were the new AF-S lenses and had wide apetures (f2.8 as a minimum really). This will allow auto focus on the D60 / D40 and mean that you won't need to push the ISO too high.

If the camera would be used more to save changing lenses etc then I'd go with something more similar to the D90 so that you an keep the high ISO performance and will have similar control layouts etc. Also if your using older lenses then this will avoid the need to manual focus as you would with one of the lower end cameras.

Back