Beginner Badgers

Name
Roy Newport
Edit My Images
No
image.jpeg image.jpeg Took a few of badgers last night,my first attempt.low light the ISO was 3200 but I got some shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see and get a few shots Roy, very nice (y)

I was offered access to private land with some Badgers this summer but, being obsessed with the LEO's and knowing little if not nothing about them, I decided not to bother.

I'm only viewing on mi laptop but the first one looks a little soft, I can only guess that you had to use a fairly slow shutter speed because of the available light. For ISO 3200 these look fairly clean, would you get away with another stop of ISO to up the shutter speed a stop?

The other night it was so over cast and drizzling ,I used it more as a reccy,I shall return when it brightens up.

Very nice. It's rare to see badgers captured like this, well done

Nice to see 'old brock' in the garden (y)

Good to see Roy ,my only sucess in getting badgers out of the sett at decent light is the use of a fox squealer.
i placed food at the sett everynight for a good fortnight ,i then put the food out a bit earlier on a still night move away from the sett and concealed myself ,i then used my squealer ,i did get a couple of curious badgers but not enough for good shots,now if i made a project of it i believe i may have eventualy got some decent shots but the nights were getting a bit long especialy as i had a 5.30am start for work .

Den, I've a friend that did a series on Badgers (he's not on here) and he went 5 nights a week for something like 7 months... left clothing (which smelled of him) and always had peanuts in his pocket.... apparently badgers love peanuts!!! Resulted in some amazing images and the young (cubs?) playing with his laces and nibbling his shoes...

Here's some of his work, I'm sorry I can't find the link to his own personal website http://www.newforest-badgers.org/Ne...-Badgers-by-Louis-Rumis--Winter-20102011.aspx

Den, I've a friend that did a series on Badgers (he's not on here) and he went 5 nights a week for something like 7 months... left clothing (which smelled of him) and always had peanuts in his pocket.... apparently badgers love peanuts!!! Resulted in some amazing images and the young (cubs?) playing with his laces and nibbling his shoes...

Here's some of his work, I'm sorry I can't find the link to his own personal website http://www.newforest-badgers.org/Ne...-Badgers-by-Louis-Rumis--Winter-20102011.aspx
Thanks for that,i have had some info from Drew @buckas who as done some work with them,i realy should make a project because we have setts on our doorstep ,it was just the initial late nights ,i could sit it out but my wife was not happy with me rolling in at silly oclock ,thanks for the link i will have a good look

Back