Critique Bamburgh Castle Sunrise.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I couldnt sleep properly on tuesday night and was up by 4am on the wednesday with a splitting headache. Decided to go up to Bamburgh for sunrise to get some fresh air and chill out.
I managed to get some use out of my new Firecrest 10 stopper, 1st time since the lakes in Dec I've used it. Only got a few shots i'm happy with as it was bloody freezing and pretty windy! The water in the rock pool in the foreground was actually frozen on top!
Got some nice cloud movement in this one, its a 253 second exposure.

- canon 6D with 17-40L
- 253 Second exposure
- F11 // ISO200
- 21mm
- Hitech Firecrest IRND pro 10 stop
- Lee 0.9 SE Grad
- Lee 0.9 HE Grad

Thanks

Nick

Last edited:
Excellent, well done (y)

That's a very nice, well composed shot.

Loving the colours and that sky really makes it - a great consolation for having a crappy head and bad night :)

Wow Nick youve got the grads piled in there :)
I love those subtle gradients in the sky beautiful, that texture in the semi-frozen water in the foreground is great... It must have been Bloody cold to freeze the seawater mate "chill out" being the operative word you must have froze you bits off!
Like that reflected light in that puddle on the rocks, and the toothed rocks in an arc forming the rock pool .... this leads you in nicely!
Of course the silhouette of the castle is the icing on the cake.... Great shot mate.... Worth the early rise .. Just think of all the times you got up for bu66er all;)
Nice Work Nick

Back