Bamburgh castle sunrise

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone
A picture i got during my last visit to Bamburgh castle.
Those summertime sunrises are brutal to say the least but its the only time of year the sun is rising on the left of the frame, allowing for some light on the castle.

Here is a link for a larger size

Here is a link for a super size

2633651561_49a3fc9cd7.jpg

Wonderful shot - superb bit of symmetry - lovely indeed!!!

What an excellent shot there, pure glass. ;)(y)

That's a cracker of a shot, that is one gorgeous sky and was well worth the early start.

Oh my! That's just gorgeous!

Congratulations, must make the early start well worth it. ;)

just looked at the super size

absolutely stunning

framed - on the wall?? :clap:

If I were to choose a theme tune, has to be "Perfect Day", or "Wake Up", AWESOME.

Brilliant shot - well done. :clap:

I generally don't go for sunrise/set pictures tbh (purely because we see so many of them), but this one has me captivated. I love the line of dark cloud which really stands out above the horizon and the silhouette of the castle too is excellent. It's very nice how the colour change from right to left of the image has been captured too, excellent work.

Great work as usual sir. I see you have 1Ds MkIII now, are you enjoying it?

While I love it to pieces, and it's one of my fav places I'll be back at soon, I can't help thinking it's a bit lacking in contrast/drama for such a cracking image

Hope you don't mind this edit

Great shot though, and great commitment this time of year

:clap:

DD

Bamburgh_Dimitri.jpg

Simply stunning, love that shot.

actually gave me goose bumps so to me that means its perfect :)

Wow, what an amazing shot.:clap:. I love the lines and colours, hell, I love it all. And just goes to show that the rule of thirds isnt so hard and fast a rule hey!

Mick.

The original is a stunning capture, and it must have made you feel a lot better when you get something that good having made the effort of an early start.

Well done.

One of my favourite places too and that's a cracking shot! (y):clap:

just looked at the super size

absolutely stunning

framed - on the wall?? :clap:
No, not yet. :LOL:
Great work as usual sir. I see you have 1Ds MkIII now, are you enjoying it?
It is a good camera but not as good as i expected in the first place as i had used the Mamyia 22mp back which was amazing DR wise. Perhaps i was asking for too much.
While I love it to pieces, and it's one of my fav places I'll be back at soon, I can't help thinking it's a bit lacking in contrast/drama for such a cracking image

Hope you don't mind this edit

Great shot though, and great commitment this time of year
Nop, i don`t mind at all my friend.
Awesome shot! What time was sunrise? Like 4:40 ish? Ouch! :clap:
4:46 to be precise.
The original is a stunning capture, and it must have made you feel a lot better when you get something that good having made the effort of an early start.

Well done.
Indeed it had but because i drove all night to get there (with no sleep at all), very soon i was looking for my bed. :LOL::LOL:

Back