Bamford Moor - The Dark Peak

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
We had a rather chilly walk out in the peaks today. Last nights dusting of snow left the whole area looking rather spectacular IMHO...

1 - Ladybower Reservoir &; Derwent Valley From Bamford Edge

2 - Stanage Edge - Corrie In The Snow

3 - Bamford Moor From Stanage Edge

4 - Stanage Edge From The Moor

Good shots with some moody looking skies,think the reflection in the first one edges it for me though :cool:

I do like Number 3. I was there not long ago so it's nice to see it like that!

A great set, must have been very cold on the tops today, no. 3 for me as well.

Good shots with some moody looking skies,think the reflection in the first one edges it for me though :cool:

Thanks. The reflected cloud was a nice surprise when I got home, hadn't spotted it on the back of the camera :cool:

I do like Number 3. I was there not long ago so it's nice to see it like that!

Thanks. Were you up there climbing by any chance? There were quite a few of them out despite the snow :wacky:

Great set but number 3's the one for me. Very nice indeed.

Thanks.

A great set, must have been very cold on the tops today, no. 3 for me as well.

It was a little chilly, especially first thing. It got worse when I refused to believe my compass and ended up taking an unplanned detour through a bog. The last four miles were done with soggy feet :(

Nice shots Jim - #3 is the one for me too!

Cheers.

Number 3 was definitely my fave of the set. Shame I didn't get more, but it was too cold to spend too long crouhed still behind a tripod.
I really must get up there for sunset at some point though :love:

I was in the Peak District with my camera too. I did Mam Tor sunrise (thought I was the only insane one but quite a few people with cameras turned up), down to Winnats Pass to play traffic dodging, over to Ladybower then a drive down to Three Shires Head.

I can reflect what you mean about the snow making it special, because it really did. Not too much too make the scene bland but enough to give it contrast and what cracking weather too eh?

Great shots btw.

hard to pick a winner but think I'd go with #3 too :)

Nice sharp, natural looking set of pictures there.

I was in the Peak District with my camera too. I did Mam Tor sunrise (thought I was the only insane one but quite a few people with cameras turned up), down to Winnats Pass to play traffic dodging, over to Ladybower then a drive down to Three Shires Head.

I can reflect what you mean about the snow making it special, because it really did. Not too much too make the scene bland but enough to give it contrast and what cracking weather too eh?

Great shots btw.

Thanks James, it was indeed a really glorious day. The wife even had to stop and take her jumper off at one point (she's always cold normally) as the sun was so strong.
Sounds like you had a good day, Three Shires Head is next on my to-do list and I want to get back to Mam Tor/Castleton and reshoot the stuff I've done there as it's not very good :(
Are you're pics up anywhere yet?

hard to pick a winner but think I'd go with #3 too :)

Nice sharp, natural looking set of pictures there.

Thanks very much Robert :D

Not yet - Just sifting through them, was a long day as we started at 06:30 and I didn't get back till 18:30. Will put them up as soon as though :)

If you ever need a companion for the Peaks and I'm free I'll be happy to join.

Three shires is a must, but if you can get weekdays do so because its a very popular spot. Yesterday we were rather riled at the photographer who turned up and spent 30 mins sitting on the bridge in our way!

If you ever need a companion for the Peaks and I'm free I'll be happy to join.

Next time I'm off up that way I'll drop you a PM :cool:
Realised on Sat just how rusty my navigation skills were when they actually had to be used, I need to get out more regularly and practice!

Nice images here but #3 is my pick.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. The last few landscape pics I've put up here only got a couple of comments (thats the nature of a busy forum I guess) and I was starting to get a bit disheartened. This has fired me right back up again, so cheers! :clap:

Last edited:
Back