Band of Brothers 6 DVD Boxset £9.99 delivered

waw, saving of 50 of your english boys, not too bad at all.

another great tale of how America won the war.

Not really. It's a factual series following an american platoon starting from the D-Day landings. It was made using the surviving soldiers from Easy Company as consultants and is a very accurate portayal of what they went through.

I already have this (obviously) and would recommend it to anyone.

Last edited:
Just ordered this, I never watched it and have been looking for something good to watch so thanks for the heads up.

(y)

you wont regret it, I am a huge fan of war films ect and this is one of the best series i have seen. Stunning

Got it - Brilliant - sound effects are awesome in surround sound.

It's a great series and I paid 6 times that when it first came out!!! I can't help think that it is slightly biassed in places though.

BoB is currently being shown on BBC 2. Episode 3 tonight (Monday), 11:20.

I bought the DVD set a couple years ago. Money well spent. The best WWII story I've ever seen. Made even better by the interviews with the actual men that fought and survived to tell their stories. Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg produced this as well as Saving Private Ryan.

Strong men should watch the episode where they discover the concentration camp in a room alone with a box of tissues handy. If that scene doesn't break your heart, nothing will.

Strong men should watch the episode where they discover the concentration camp in a room alone with a box of tissues handy. If that scene doesn't break your heart, nothing will.

That kills me everytime. It's simply horiffic.

I`ve seen it before, thought it was outstanding. £10 is an absolute steal. Ordered, thank you for posting!

Possibly the best 10 hours of TV ever to come from the US! I've watched it through twice and will probably watch it again soon. And yes, I cried during the Concentration Camp episode! :crying:

Possibly the best 10 hours of TV ever to come from the US! I've watched it through twice and will probably watch it again soon. And yes, I cried during the Concentration Camp episode! :crying:

It's all that was going through my mind when I visited Auschwitz last week...trying to visualise it :( Schindler's list too...

It's all that was going through my mind when I visited Auschwitz last week...trying to visualise it :( Schindler's list too...

Yes, Schindler's List is one I need to watch again too. I was in floods when I saw that (New men eh!)

I hope you've got surround sound Pete, if not get some on order and don't watch it until it's setup. BoB is what surround sound was invented for, the bit where the they're flying across the channel before their big jump and when they're in the trees getting shelled are amazing proof of what surround sound can do.

I hope you've got surround sound Pete, if not get some on order and don't watch it until it's setup. BoB is what surround sound was invented for, the bit where the they're flying across the channel before their big jump and when they're in the trees getting shelled are amazing proof of what surround sound can do.

Good to know, I am in a rental house as the house we bought is being done up so I have rubbish sound on the TV. I'll save it until the spring for my new kit!

(y)

Brilliant box set, got it a few years ago. Watched it quite a few times. It did take me a couple of watches to take 'Ross Geller' seriously but he does play a cracking part.
Watch the bonus stuff on how it was made....dead interesting.(y)

I too have this and it's a brilliant series. One of the few DVD's that I ever really watch.

I'd love to see something similar about the Far East, you would think that the War was only fought in Europe and the Midway Islands at times, and a lot of allied men gave their lives in Asia too, it's just not well documented though.....

Steve

I'd love to see something similar about the Far East, you would think that the War was only fought in Europe and the Midway Islands at times, and a lot of allied men gave their lives in Asia too, it's just not well documented though.....

Steve

My husband fought in Malaysia between 1959-1961 and has just applied for the medal that is being given to all servicemen by the Malaysian government. (not OUR government you notice)

It was called the Forgotten War and that is very true.

I too have this and it's a brilliant series. One of the few DVD's that I ever really watch.

Steve
The Pacific is going into production next year apparently

A 10-part mini-series from the creators of "Band of Brothers" telling the intertwined stories of three Marines during America's battle with the Japanese in the Pacific during World War II.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374463/

mine (for my dads birthday) arrived today

Thanks for the heads up (y)

Didn't get to see this. Just ordered it! Hope its as good as it sounds.

Kev.

Back