Bandstand

sue

Edit My Images
Yes
I have recently been going through all my photos and came across this one and decided to have a play with it and see if I could make it into a semi decent photo, well here are my result. Not overly happy with the sky seems too light but not sure what to do with it. Please feel free to play with the image and leave me comments.

Thanks.

bandstand.jpg

I'll have a diddle with this shortly for you Sue....Celebrity's on :)

bandstand-mess.jpg

hmm I dont think I like this. I've definately over cooked it.
Ohh well burn me down in flames... probably deserve it

Like the sky better than mine but lost the blue fence thanks for trying.

First thought was that maybe the crops a bit tight, it would be nice to see the bandstand with some trees either side.

Anyway to my shot at it. I've brought the white point down a little and tweaked the gamma. Lifted the Blue and Green channels to bring out the fence and trees. Then copied a bit of sky from another photo, thats the only bit I'm not 100% about as the masking around the spire was a bit of a git. Finally gave it a bit of USM to bring out some of the detail in the stone work :D

Bandstand1.jpg

Here's my take on it:

bandstand.jpg

tweaked the colour balance
subtle grad in the sky
added a couple of blend mode layers with masks to mess with the lighting
upped local contrast for a bit of punch

Nice to see what people can do with my not so good attempt.
Thanks guys I really must keep trying to get the hanf of photoshop.

no i am not,

I doubt that very much, :LOL: no fighting here.

Who do you think is best??? :naughty:

Okay, I got my DSLR in July. We took it to Chester Zoo not long after, Sue took the Sony P73 and I had my 350D.

This was the first time she clicked the shutter button on the 350D.

lioness640.jpg

I was amazed, she was amazed. When she got home and saw what the Canon could do over the point and shoot I could see she turned green, so I decided to fork out (another) £600 and get her one of her own (or else there would have been arguments) :p

I know she's better at taking photos than I am, I also know shes better at photoshop than I am, I can accept that, its fine, shes always been good at drawing and whatnot and is quite good with arts and crafts.

But if her laptop stops working, theres only one of us who can fix it ;)

:p Yeah I can fix it, throw it out the window and pinch your new one ;)

Back