Barn Owl at sunset

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
No
Continuing on with my Dipper project I have been overall experimenting and only shooting at 5/10min gaps on average at sunrise and sunset, it brings with it lots and lots of lost hours as 95% of the time nothing turns up, or the clouds come out being a overall pain in the....but when it does work out on the rare occasions its worth the wait. Here is a Barn Owl at sunset.

Portrait style isn't normally my area but I thought it works quite nicely for this image.

p1130778303-4.jpg

This works for me Joe, great colours, light and composition.

Great shot Joe. As always....very inspiring.

Excellent image, even the photographer did well.:)

Steve.

Colours are lovely and portrait makes sense (I would have chosen that anyway)

Hi Joe ,its a nice composition although it looks a large crop but still works ,one thing that doesn't scream out at me is sunset, nice light as it is it just doesn't say sunset to me just my opinion ,looks like a cold Jan/Feb light to me....

Thanks again for the comments :)

Hi Joe ,its a nice composition although it looks a large crop but still works ,one thing that doesn't scream out at me is sunset, nice light as it is it just doesn't say sunset to me just my opinion ,looks like a cold Jan/Feb light to me....

Hi Den, its a 12.5% crop I believe from the D800 so not much at all, only for framing purposes. Looks a tad bit compressed on here, looks far better on the website. I have printed this wall size and it has still came out pin sharp...I appreciate your comments regarding the light, I don't mean the image to scream out 'sunset' Just using that hour with the golden light on the subject to add some different, calming & pleasing light to the image, thanks again for your comment :)

Back