Barn Owl Centre Meet ... The Evidence

Name
Sir
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a couple of shots to start off the avalanche of shots from Friday. Feel free to add yours from the day.

I would also like to say a big thank you to Vince who helped make the day as good as it was. He went far and beyond the call of duty to ensure we all had a good day.

I for one ... Will be back

Eagle owl to start ...

Eagle-Owl-5.jpg

Eagle-Owl-3.jpg

Last edited:
You pretty much got the shot you were after then kev, nice one(s) (y)

The only thing I'd say is you got a Jesse sticking out the arse end of #2 :D

That first one - wow!!! Hoping to get near the PC to do some sifting tomorrow, fingers crossed some are in focus! ;)

Really wouldn't mind going back when it's cooler so the birds play fair! ;)

Well here are a few of mine. After going through 300+ shots and lots with orange eyes Im beginning to see orange spots Lol So I will start mine with something different.
This little chao was eyeing up pic no 2

1aIMG_1662 by Yeksel, on Flickr

& pic no 2 Is!!!

1aIMG_1665 by Yeksel, on Flickr

Those feet & claws mean business

1aIMG_1642 by Yeksel, on Flickr

Low flight across the daisys

1aIMG_1526 by Yeksel, on Flickr

Peek a boo

1a_MG_1447 by Yeksel, on Flickr

So glad you got the shots you wanted Kev They are terrific
A little bit of clone on no 2 will make it a stunner.

Great Set Les
I particularly like the EEO coming to the glove (y)

First post now edited with some Photoshop work .. :D

Some great shots Les .. :clap:

You also managed to capture a Mods bald patch ... :rules:

Last edited:
Great stuff folks

Love the 2nd one Sir, the Barn Owl Lesley and those talons in the Eagle Owl landing shot really convey the power.

You also managed to capture a Mods bald patch ... :rules:

I never used to be like that,
BUT Thats where people kept patting me on the head and saying congrats :p

Really great those Kev those claws coming out are shots I love showing the true nature of what this bird is about,
Great bokeh in no 2.
The pp in the other two definiately makes them for me.

A few more from me and lets see what flickr has done to these colourwise.

1aIMG_1362 by Yeksel, on Flickr

This could probably do with a bit of work on it to enchnce but my editing skills are not up to much.

1a_MG_1433 by Yeksel, on Flickr

I think this is my favourite got the capture that it could be free and surveying its territory

1a_MG_1254 by Yeksel, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks Kev for organising a great day and great company as well. Love those eye contact shots, just couldn't get them to look at me? I wasn't using Nikon so that can't be the problem?? ;) Anyway 700 images deleted and 300 left to edit :eek: but 6 quick edits to be going on with.

European Eagle Owl.

A closer look at those beautiful eyes (one of them anyway)

Common Buzard about to kill a stick.

Golden Eagle head shot.

Gismo the Barn Owl at last gives me eye contact.

And finaly a Long Eared Owl, I was suprised how small and delicate looking this was.

Once again thanks to Kev and all for making it such a fantastic day, well worth the effort.

Last edited:
I visited the Wetlands centre yesterday, so I have not sorted my pictures out yet. I have had a quick look and was not very impressed and after seeing Kev's first picture I just chucked my camera in the bin.

Les, I like the picture of the owl below the ugly buggers. Perhaps the colours are a touch over saturated.

Andy, a nice selection. Did any of your wide angle shots come out? Mine were mostly bird parts.

Kev, you are just trying to make the rest of us look stupid :D

I visited the Wetlands centre yesterday, so I have not sorted my pictures out yet. I have had a quick look and was not very impressed and after seeing Kev's first picture I just chucked my camera in the bin.

Les, I like the picture of the owl below the ugly buggers. Perhaps the colours are a touch over saturated.

Andy, a nice selection. Did any of your wide angle shots come out? Mine were mostly bird parts.

Kev, you are just trying to make the rest of us look stupid :D

Hi Cris sorry to say I've had to delete most wide angle ones :crying: as it's either bird parts or blown sky/silouette type shots and this is as good as it gets :shrug:

Last edited:
Nice Goldie Les, goes well with the sky (y)

Nice set Andy, (y) I particularly like the "wide angle" (maybe because I'm not in it :D)

....................So here is a couple of "Leighton"
Really, Really ****ed off that I clipped the tail though :(

LB3.jpg

And touch down...........

LB.jpg

Looks like another great day enjoyed by all, sorry to have missed it ..... but wait! ...... where's the walking owl???

Those Sir are fantastic pictures, i've just spent half hour staring at them, the demonic cat and the matador!

It's images like these that make it a privilege to be a member here

Thank you for sharing

Looks like another great day enjoyed by all, sorry to have missed it ..... but wait! ...... where's the walking owl???

It was a great day was, a shame you had to miss it.
Birds were not quite so tempremental this time and Buzzard stayed and did the walking instead of the owl.

Thanks for all your comments everyone. Im looking forward to seeing the other shots from those that havent posted yet.

Andy and Kevs are outstanding arnt they.

Cracking pictures everyone, really can't chose a favourite out of them :D
Not the easiest of subjects to capture well done all of you (y)

Some excellent shots above, it's hard to imagine that Kev organised such a successful day ;)

Anyway, some of my attempts from the day :)

bird1.jpg

bird2.jpg

bird6.jpg

bird4.jpg

#5 (rather soft but never panned an Owl before :help:)

bird5.jpg

bird3.jpg

Just calibrated my screen so please tell me if the colours etc are **** :bang:

Last edited:
Some really nice shots here!!

Here's one of mine:

Turner Wide by sadlybrokeboy73, on Flickr

Haven't been able to get near a computer since that one - hopefully will PP some more tonight :)

Cheers,

Matt

Those Sir are fantastic pictures, i've just spent half hour staring at them, the demonic cat and the matador!

It's images like these that make it a privilege to be a member here

Thank you for sharing

@hypnotic

Amazing shots.. I'm truly inspired now.

Thanks ... (y)

Vince helped so much in us all getting the shots we wanted. I think he might have let us stay until it got dark if we had asked him ... :D ... As it was we went more than an hour longer than we had paid for .... The birds also played their part on the day of course.

HOLY BEJEEZUS!!!

Those first two shots are absolute stunners!!!

Well done that man :clap::clap::clap:

Can anybody see my shots ? , I can see then on Virgin cable & t-mobile mobile internet !

Can anybody see my shots ? , I can see then on Virgin cable & t-mobile mobile internet !

Just kicked in 2 minutes ago Brian (y)

Just calibrated my screen so please tell me if the colours etc are **** :bang:

The buzzard sitting in the meadow looks a tad purple to me
(but not calabrated here)
Nice set particually the Gubby Gobby Goldie (y)

:p

The buzzard sitting in the meadow looks a tad purple to me
(but not calabrated here)
Nice set particually the Gubby Gobby Goldie (y)
:p

It does look a bit over saturated here as well, might have to tinker :)

I can see them Brian.

Some nice shots of the buzzard and the slow pan of the owl was a good idea, a shame you didn't quite nail it. Perhaps if it was riding a motorbike you would have had more success.

I will try and sort my pics out tomorrow evening so that you can have more fun at the expense of a poor Nikon user.

Nice ones Matt Love the long eared owl easy to see how they can stay hidden on a tree branch.
Takes a while to get through all our shots we took doesnt it.

Nice set Matt
Long eared for me too (y)

Back