Batch Processing

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
I have many folders that contain my NEF and PSD files, all together.

I want to batch process to open up JUST the PSD files and then save elsewhere as a JPEG.

How can I open just the PSD files in an action or using Image Processor Pro?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Graham

Thanks for the advice here, much appreciated.

How do you write 'Droplets'? Not familiar with them and how would you go about creating one that does what Im after?

Why not just take out the psd files? it only takes a few seconds to copy/cut paste them into another folder, certainly quicker than learning about droplets

Thanks for the advice here, much appreciated.

How do you write 'Droplets'? Not familiar with them and how would you go about creating one that does what Im after?

in photoshop,

file>automate>create droplet, similar to creating an action, but it makes an icon you then just drop a folder onto it and it will batch the folder.

swanseamale47 said:
Why not just take out the psd files? it only takes a few seconds to copy/cut paste them into another folder, certainly quicker than learning about droplets

:plus1:

Depends on the file structure.

If have a photos folder say arranged by year/month/date you may have hundreds of folders.

And you need to convert and save all the files to jpeg too?

If you already know about actions, droplets are pretty straightforward.

Last edited:
Depends on the file structure.

If have a photos folder say arranged by year/month/date you may have hundreds of folders.

And you need to convert and save all the files to jpeg too?

If you already know about actions, droplets are pretty straightforward.

Graham only needs the PSD's converted, not all the files. He may have hundreds of folders, or it may be one or two, we don't know.

Graham only needs the PSD's converted, not all the files. He may have hundreds of folders, or it may be one or two, we don't know.

Sorry my bad..i meant even if you have one or two folders (and he still may have many!!) you still need to convert the PSD's to Jpegs.

As far as i can see (and its early so if i'm missing anything let me know!!:) )

If you were to just move the files...that would destroy the file structure...if you were to copy the files..a few hundred psd's can soon add up and it would be quicker to write a droplet than wait for the files to compy...even if you have space.

...would this work around work...on a mac you can create a smart folder..or on a PC just search the photo folder for .psds..

this will give you a list of just the .psd...drag them into ACR..where you can convert to jpegs and save????? I tend to use LR more than ACR...????

Sorry my bad..i meant even if you have one or two folders (and he still may have many!!) you still need to convert the PSD's to Jpegs.

As far as i can see (and its early so if i'm missing anything let me know!!:) )

If you were to just move the files...that would destroy the file structure...if you were to copy the files..a few hundred psd's can soon add up and it would be quicker to write a droplet than wait for the files to compy...even if you have space.

...would this work around work...on a mac you can create a smart folder..or on a PC just search the photo folder for .psds..

this will give you a list of just the .psd...drag them into ACR..where you can convert to jpegs and save????? I tend to use LR more than ACR...????

A great idea... or it would be if camera raw would open PSD files.

in his post he says many?

as for the ACR.......
ahh thats why i use LR more then ACR!!! I'd stick with the droplet then..5 mins to write to one and you can leave it to do its stuff...

I only have a few (one to convert to sRGB and save as Jpeg!! and a few to resize photo's!)

Thanks everyone, given me lots to explore and try out. Much appreciated.

Back