Bath V2

Edit My Images
Yes
Spent thursday night taking my friend around bath to exercise his new d200 & 17-55 f2.8 (not jealous)

This what I came back with. Not my usual style so I'd be interested in some critical feedback please. Was generally having a play and trying to stretch myself beyond my usual safe 'sunset at the beach' type stuff so I'll be interested to know if my peers approve ;)

DSC_4037.jpg

DSC_3958.jpg

DSC_3973.jpg

P.s. HAve posted a similar image to last one before but I prefer the colour contrast in this one. Blue and orange are ALWAYS loverly x

Oh. Wow.

I love all three of these. Love em!

That said, 1 & 2 are my faves. I really like 3, too - but it doesn't get me all giddy like the first 2 :D

I can't decide whether I'm bothered that you've lopped off the top of the building in 1 or not.. I don't think I am.

gawsh it's years since I've been to Bath - makes me want to make a trip!

very nice Spencer

Last one for me. Looks like a postcard. (y)

All very good Spencer but the bit of missing roof in #1 is a tad annoying, I love the drama of #2 but the third is spot on.

What did your friend think of the 17-55mm 2.8?

The first one is long story. It's a Methodist chapel in town that I spied when I first moved here (2 years ago) ever since then it's had scaffolding around it as there has been much restoration work going on. Only recently removed.

Chapter 2: I have on occasion worked nights in the petrol station, we have a 'certain' customer who always comes round at 3am very drunk and always kicks off because he's an idiot. I've met him a couple of times but on this occasion I wasn't behind bullet proof glass lol. His opening gambit was 'Oy, mate! Do you want me to wrap me that f'in thing wround yer 'ead?'

Managed to defuse the situation but the idiot put me off my stroke somewhat, hence the missed top. I do have a version with the top in, but I wasn't in the middle of the path so it looks a teeny bit odd.

Anyway, on a lighter note....

I'm more than happy to offer bed/board/tour etc to anyone who fancies bath and a few bevvies/tramps/gorgeous ladies etc. Oh yes, we got it all 'ere ;)

No #2 is my favourite , love the angle/compostion/contrasting light :)

You could always fix the roof in No #1 ;)

V-quick bodge .....

top.jpg

Gandhi said:
Anyway, on a lighter note....

I'm more than happy to offer bed/board/tour etc to anyone who fancies bath and a few bevvies/tramps/gorgeous ladies etc. Oh yes, we got it all 'ere ;)

Ey, watch what you say, or I'll take you up on that!
Especially as tickets to Bath are a piddly three quid either way :naughty:

Hacker said:
What did your friend think of the 17-55mm 2.8?

Lets just say I'm now considering what I can sell to get one! My upgrade path has now been obliqued off the d200 into some better glass. I've seen the light, so to speak ;) My only criticism is that the zoom ring was a bit gritty and tight. It's absolutley pinners and more than a match for the fabled canon 17-40l. I don't think the d70 did it justice when I tried it, I personaly felt you needed the extra resolution of the d200 to make the best of it. If you can afford the 1k to get one it's worth it my opinion. I'm goona borrow it to do my wedding in september so you'll be able to see results then if you can wait.

Ace, we'll have to arrange something :D
I'll wait till I get my D200 though... Should be this week hopefully!

I'm pretty flexible so perhaps we could drag sammy and shiato over as well and make a day of it? Either way, you're always welcome.

My d200 won't be until october ish so I'm makin do at the mo lol.

I'm quite flexee too, although I'm usually unavailable at weekends...
Lets see what they say!

edit : I'm assuming that sammy = Diego!

ooh, lovely shots, particularly like the stars in the third one, lovely tones to that one!

Hoodi said:
I'm quite flexee too, although I'm usually unavailable at weekends...
Lets see what they say!

edit : I'm assuming that sammy = Diego!

Oh yeah, forgot about PETE I think he likes to work alone though ;)

Make that sammy, diego, shiato and yourself!

Marianne..... Cheers darlin, I've just spent 10mins looking for hot pixels on my image only to realise you meant the starburst on the lights (f22, 6blade shutter)

How stoopid do I feel?

Duh, you do of course mean SammyC - forgot he was a Bristolian!

Don't you mean 6 bladed iris? :LOL:

Back