Batterys for Nikon SB-600 Flash

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

I’ve just ordered the SB-600 Flash and now i need to get some batteries for it?

The is lots of different choices out there.

I wont be using the flash that often. Mainly for family’s birthday which are about once every two months if that makes a difference.

Should I get some rechargeable one or just standard throw away ones?

Thanks for your replies in advanced.

For the use you state - Good old duracel's will suffice as leaving good rechargeables dormant for long periods defeats the object imho - Duracels in my SB28 have lasted over 300 shots with flash using my F5 and Film -

I also want an SB600 - Whats the verdict so far and where did you get it? KERSO? is doing them at 160 plus 9 p+p(y)

I havnt got it yet. Only ordered it today but need to get some batteries ready so i can have a play when it arrives.

I got mine from Camera Box, 165 + 5 P&P.

Who's KERSO?

The SB600 is a good flash and Kerso is a good supplier.

Even if you are only going to use the flash occasionally I'd recommend putting rechargables in it. They'll probably cost you double what you'd pay for a good set of duracell but obviously you'll only have to buy them once.

I got mine from 7dayshop and they were only about a fiver for 4. Obviously you'll need a charger as well which isn't included for that price.

Eneloops are the battery of choice for most, it'll cost you a fortune in regular batteries otherwise....

Just bought my SB600 from Kerso and bought 4x Energizer 2450mAh batteries from Asda for £10

:agree: Eneloops are good because they hold their charge very well over long periods of time when not being used - unlike a lot of other rechargeable batteries.

I don't use my SB-600 often and use Duracells in it. My flash came from CameraWorld and cost me £150 + P&P.

Back