Beach, flag, sea...

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I've wanted to produce his photograph for a long time and when at the beach over the weekend I was presented with the perfect opportunity.

It's two exposures merged, 30 seconds and 250th as I recall. I'm not totally happy with the processing, I think I was after a more gritty look.

Any c&c would be welcome.

Cheers.

Week 21 Movement by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

I quite like it. Its a simple composition with a great sense of strong winds.

If it was my image though, I would do some work on the sky. Such as a grad filter and maybe some dodging and burning to create a bit more drama.

Can i ask, what was the idea of merging the two exposures?

I think personally i would have just gone for a long exposure on its own maybe longer than 30 secs. This may have made the sea a little less distracting & helped draw your focus to the flag. Maybe bump up the contrast a bit as well.

Nice shot tho!

Can i ask, what was the idea of merging the two exposures?

I think personally i would have just gone for a long exposure on its own maybe longer than 30 secs. This may have made the sea a little less distracting & helped draw your focus to the flag. Maybe bump up the contrast a bit as well.

Nice shot tho!

Cheers. I blended to get some texture in the flag.

Here's the orgional 30 second exposure.

Appreciate the FB (y)

Week 21 Movement 30 seconds by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

I quite like it. Its a simple composition with a great sense of strong winds.

If it was my image though, I would do some work on the sky. Such as a grad filter and maybe some dodging and burning to create a bit more drama.

Cheers, the original below has a bit more detail in the sky.

ah yes i see your reasoning now. Bit of a fine balance there i guess! Tricky one.

Back