Beach Huts,(Mono)

When I saw 'Beach Huts' and 'mono' I thought, "Oh dear!" ... but I tell you what I like this, it's a good conversion and the relationship between the huts and the wood of the groynes makes for an interesting viewing ... great sky as well :)

I love monochrome landscapes and I think this conversion works well. Sky is good, some foreground interest with the grounds and then the huts stand out. Lots to look around at and keep you looking.

This is great..I really like the dark, contrasty feel and the clouds all nicely grouped..a slight downer for me is my eye is drawn to the very dark (black) patch far right middle..if that could be lightened a tad then it would be perfect (bloody hell that's one of the longest posts I've made lol!)

Robin

Fabulous sky and light on the beach huts. I'm not sure about the groynes in the foreground though. They are dark and dominant. Perhaps if you cropped off their reflection, they'd be less dominant and encourage the eye to wander into the picture more

Just a thought

I find this a 'busy' shot, but crikey I do like it. Monochrome is just right for this image.....nice.

When I saw 'Beach Huts' and 'mono' I thought, "Oh dear!" ... but I tell you what I like this, it's a good conversion and the relationship between the huts and the wood of the groynes makes for an interesting viewing ... great sky as well :)
Cheers Gramps, I know what you mean about Beach Huts, I've seen so many its gets a bit boring, in retrospect perhaps I should have thought of another title? Thanks a lot for your feedback,

Geoff

I love monochrome landscapes and I think this conversion works well. Sky is good, some foreground interest with the grounds and then the huts stand out. Lots to look around at and keep you looking.
Thanks a lot for your feedback Byker, its very much appreciated,

Geoff

The light hitting them certainly has brought the image out as a whole, great use of light.
Thanks Kevin, it was one of those days when the sun popped in and out and i just got lucky with this burst on the huts?

Geoff

This is great..I really like the dark, contrasty feel and the clouds all nicely grouped..a slight downer for me is my eye is drawn to the very dark (black) patch far right middle..if that could be lightened a tad then it would be perfect (bloody hell that's one of the longest posts I've made lol!)

Robin
Good point Robin, I think that was a patch of sand, I will have a go at lightening
Yes it really works, nice one
Cheers Andrew and thanks a lot for your feedback, much appreciated,

Geoff

it, thanks for your feedback,

Geoff

Fabulous sky and light on the beach huts. I'm not sure about the groynes in the foreground though. They are dark and dominant. Perhaps if you cropped off their reflection, they'd be less dominant and encourage the eye to wander into the picture more

Just a thought
Thanks for your feedback Alan, I did play with the groin posts and tried cropping but it seemed to leave a row of stumps appearing from nowhere, so the stayed in, I will go back and have another think though, thanks again,

Geoff

I find this a 'busy' shot, but crikey I do like it. Monochrome is just right for this image.....nice.
Thanks Mulch--It is a bit busy, there is probably about 3 picture there, in fact I did do one just of the huts but it was a bit boring? --but I just felt it some how all hung there together, Thanks again for your feedback, I appreciate it,

Geoff

Back