Beacon Fell Pre Wedding Shot

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
Yes
A shot from a pre wedding shoot yesterday at Beacon Fell, Preston

Teaser.png

This is excellent.

A friends daughter and prospective husband have given me the opportunity to do a pre-wedding shoot on a 'if we get anything any good that's great and if we don't then that's ok', and if I get anything as good as this I will be well pleased.

What prior research/planning did you do before the shoot? Did you have this in mind before you went?

Very striking shot, I would have left a little more ground beneath them at the bottom as a printing/framing safety net but nothing to add other than that.

That's stunning! would like to see a huge print of it. but bear in mind the above comment. Great work.

Very striking shot, I would have left a little more ground beneath them at the bottom as a printing/framing safety net but nothing to add other than that.

The original has more space at the bottom so could revert back to that to print. I wanted as little foreground as possible to emphasise the height of the trees and negative space above them.

This is excellent.

A friends daughter and prospective husband have given me the opportunity to do a pre-wedding shoot on a 'if we get anything any good that's great and if we don't then that's ok', and if I get anything as good as this I will be well pleased.

What prior research/planning did you do before the shoot? Did you have this in mind before you went?

None, we're used to turning up somewhere and finding things as we go. I love a good silhouette shot so often look for ways I can frame them against the sky (or light source).

I'm looking to invest in a Profoto B1 soon, think the shot would really work with everything else silhouetted and the b&g lit

None, we're used to turning up somewhere and finding things as we go.

Then keep on doing just that :cool:

It's a cracking good snap, but I reckon if you showed it to 10 normal people (i.e. not photographers), at least 9 of them would feel it's just too tight at the bottom, particularly if they were picturing it in a frame. I'd give it exactly twice the foreground it's got in that crop.

Nice, you will love the B1, my friend has just bought them, he loves them

Very cool.Get lots of bang for your buck with a silhouette :)

Gaz

I'm quite excited, I have the boss (wife) at about 80% convinced, just need to convince her the other 70% as my wife needs 150% in these situations! :D:woot:[/QUOTE]
Long way to go then, I thought 100% was high

Back