Edit My Images
Yes
bee-lavender.jpg

My fave from last month :)

Tamron 90mm Macro

1/160 @ F11

Yongnuo ring flash with 4:1 ratio.

Last edited:
I am afraid for it is a bit like taking someones picture while they lean over a wall it is not for me.

Which flash unit is this and how well does it work?

I am afraid for it is a bit like taking someones picture while they lean over a wall it is not for me.

Think it's the Yongnuo ringflash yn14ex I've got lots of shots with it I'd you check out my flickr and search ring. All the shots tagged with ring flash should appear. Let you decide what you think.

As Tintin said it is Yongnuo YN14 EX. It's great bit of kit. Still experimenting with tube ratios, can get good depth to images which pringle tubes and bog roll diffusers tend not to.

However, if using lens with external focusing the light is crap when right on top of subject.

Last edited:
As Tintin said it is Yongnuo YN14 EX. It's great bit of kit. Still experimenting with tube ratios, can get good depth to images which pringle tubes and bog roll diffusers tend not to.

However, if using lens with external focusing the light is crap when right on top of subject.

Other issue is with higher than 1:1 and especially with tubes light bounce becomes an issue.

Back