Been a while BMW E46 330ci

Name
Jay
Edit My Images
Yes
How do,

Not took any proper pics with my camera for donkeys. And although I was never the best, it seems I have forgotten how to use it :( Was literally a quick 10 min stop on the way to a mates so cars dirty and didnt spend too much time or prep etc

I only have a povo Nikon D40 and the kit 18-55 lens and a 70-300.

These were taken with the kit lens.

Any tips pointers more than welcome.

Well looking at them all the overriding impression of them all is not enough light is hitting the car, what were you using to put the light on the car? You seem to have lit the graffiti up more than you have the car :(

Compositions in general are not too bad actually, I'm a touch dubious about composing with the street light in the background but that isn't a deal breaker for me

Thanks for the comments appreciate the feedback!

tbh i didnt plan to go out so all i had were 2 led torches in my boot theyre bright but they dont have a good beam. I lay one behind the car lighting the wall and the other to try and paint the car.

Its so hard to get right being a dark satin colour its either too dark and the right colour or too light and very green.

Can you recommend anything for light painting cars?

Thanks

Thanks for the comments appreciate the feedback!

tbh i didnt plan to go out so all i had were 2 led torches in my boot theyre bright but they dont have a good beam. I lay one behind the car lighting the wall and the other to try and paint the car.

Its so hard to get right being a dark satin colour its either too dark and the right colour or too light and very green.

Can you recommend anything for light painting cars?

Thanks

Honestly I'm not the best person to ask as automotive light painting is not really a genre I spend a lot of time doing, but I know a few use the LED style strip lights that they modify to make more directional you would be better off starting a topic on the type of kit used

What's the subject here? The car, or the graffiti? You've taken the trouble to light the graffiti, but not the car. These are shots of graffiti that unfortunately, has a car in the way.

Sorry... but not doing anything for me. If that was my car I'd be disappointed in these shots.

Spend more time lighting the car would be my advice.

Back