Been lurking time to say Hi

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Good evening,

I am new to the forum and new to photography. I have been lurking looking around the forum looking in the photos section and some of the photos are truly amazing and I only hope one day I could get somewhere to that level.

I was brought a Nikon d3200 and some lenses for christmas and have taken some OK photos but looking for as much information and advice to improve. I enjoy taking photos of my 18 month son as well as wildlife and architecture.

One of the many issues I am facing is that I take a photo I like however when I review it on photoshop elements it never looks as good as I thought from the camera. Is anyone able to give me any tips to make my photos "pop" in editing? This is something I would like to start working on when I have those quiet periods.

I have linked to my flickr account below with a few photos to look at.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rob_wilson1/sets/72157644555843963/

I look forward to getting involved in the forum and learning much more about photography.

Thanks for your help and advice in advance.

Rob

Hi Rob and welcome to the forum :wave:

Hi Robert, And welcome aboard, looking forward to hearing from you on the forums.

Hi Rob and welcome to TP - Processing is the difficult part of photography in my opinion. Sometimes making an image pop can be a simple task of upping the contrast a little and increasing the saturation a tad :D

Look forward to seeing you around (y)

Welcome to TP Rob.

Welcome to the Madhouse Rob, I'm looking forward to seeing you around the forum, I think the very best advice I can give you is to post photos as often as you can asking for critique and advice, in our many photos sections...there are so many people in this community from complete and utter beginners to well seasoned photographers that have been doing the business since camera we massive and made of hard woods :D

The Beauty of this is however there there is a vast amount of knowledge on the forum and plenty of people on hand to help you get the very most out of the photography, with help with shooting and the editing side of the hobby

Anyway, I've probably rattled on for too long anyway so I shall bit you fair well and look forward to seeing you and your photos around the forum...

Matt

Back