Been out to a forest today and found a couple of things

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Not having taken macro for what seems like an age, (about 2 months), getting "the eye" back is going to take some time, but at least I found some interesting things.

600d, 105mm Sigma macro + DCR250, pringles tube and neweer cheapo flash tt520

1.. Woodlouse just finished shedding the front end of its skin. Amazing little critters.
Woodlouse shed its skin by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

2.. Springtail on a mushroom ?
_MG_0070 by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

_MG_0016 by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

_MG_0196 by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

5.. A bit boring, some moss.
Moss by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

_MG_0057 by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

7.. One of those "segments" on a pinecone.
Pine Cone by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

Cheers

shhhhooosh, Dont tell @Tintin124 that you got a spring tail.
All great shots carl, No 4 is sublime and very cool, ticks my boxes. (y)

Great set of images Carl, they are all very good, #1 and #4 are just a bit extra special.(y)

George.

Blah great set and that looks like a Springtail to me and due to the large size would say it's a Allacma fusca.

Did someone forget to tell @Graham I got one on a frog? Lol

Great set and well found on wood louse skin.

shhhhooosh, Dont tell @Tintin124 that you got a spring tail.
All great shots carl, No 4 is sublime and very cool, ticks my boxes. (y)

cheers graham :)

Great set of images Carl, they are all very good, #1 and #4 are just a bit extra special.(y)

George.

Ta george, had to kick an old tree that had rotted quite badly and get a photo before they all scampered off.

Hahah! :)

Great set Carl - I like your segment!

Paul.

Cheers paul (y)

Blah great set and that looks like a Springtail to me and due to the large size would say it's a Allacma fusca.

Did someone forget to tell @Graham I got one on a frog? Lol

Great set and well found on wood louse skin.

Cheers Bryn, found it by luck really, kicked some rotted wood, watched about 20 of them scamper away except this one and a bit of white. Only could tell what it was through the viewfinder when in close. I saw your springtail on a frog, that was great. Aint seen any frogs about. Guess I have to find a pool ?

cheers graham :)

Ta george, had to kick an old tree that had rotted quite badly and get a photo before they all scampered off.

Cheers paul (y)

Cheers Bryn, found it by luck really, kicked some rotted wood, watched about 20 of them scamper away except this one and a bit of white. Only could tell what it was through the viewfinder when in close. I saw your springtail on a frog, that was great. Aint seen any frogs about. Guess I have to find a pool ?

The frogs I found were no where near a pond but where in a damp bush. Not had much luck and I didn't even notice until PP that I had a Globby so well done for actually noticing it.

+1 for #6!

Like how the plane of focus falls on most of the head and thorax without it looking too 'side-on'. Good balance of detail and shallow DOF

Great set Carl, fantastic find on the first and I like your composition on the third. OK the moss one is a bit boring ;)

Hate to tell you this @Tintin124 but I don't think that's an Allacma fusca. Looks to me more like Dicyrtomina sp. (ornata or saundersi). You know, the "rorschach" one you've been after ;)

Great set Carl, fantastic find on the first and I like your composition on the third. OK the moss one is a bit boring ;)

Hate to tell you this @Tintin124 but I don't think that's an Allacma fusca. Looks to me more like Dicyrtomina sp. (ornata or saundersi). You know, the "rorschach" one you've been after ;)

Did I ever say I hate you lol :p

I really do need to go looking again with all this damp weather.

thanks guys for the kind comments. Tim, you're talking a different language with the species types of moss, I think you guys do too much macro when you can do latin :D (though its extremely impressive to say the least!)

thanks guys for the kind comments. Tim, you're talking a different language with the species types of moss, I think you guys do too much macro when you can do latin :D (though its extremely impressive to say the least!)

Don't confuse gibberish with latin lol

Back