Bee's Breakfast

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
A honey bee having his breakfast...

120814-14_46_45-bee_on_blue2.jpg

Is that thing with white stuff on the end its tongue?
It is!! ugly tongue isn't it? The white stuff is part of the flower though, you can see another in its armpit.

Nice image, I like the blue bokeh created by the flower!

Matt

Thanks, yes I was quite keen on the blue and the dark green behind...

V. Nice shot and excellent title :) Lovely colours and capture!

very nice i like that what type of lens was that if you dont mined me asking thanks

Nice and sharp where it counts and echo whats been said re background
Thanks very much.

Having tried my hand at macro with bees I think this is superb :)
Thanks, yes they do tend to have the annoying habit of moving around just when you see a good shot don't they?

very nice i like that what type of lens was that if you dont mined me asking thanks
Thank you, taken with a tamron 90mm macro and a raynox250. This is an uncropped photo, so as you can see it gives pretty good magnification.

Nice picture ...of a hoverfly (yes, I know I have a bee in my bonnet about these things)

Nice picture ...of a hoverfly (yes, I know I have a bee in my bonnet about these things)

Arrrgghhhhh.... I had been starting to wonder, what with those tiny antennae and all......

I had been starting to wonder, what with those tiny antennae and all

Yes, and also the tongue (thinner and curved in bees) and shape of the eyes (teardrop down side of head) are useful for ID here.

Yes, and also the tongue (thinner and curved in bees) and shape of the eyes (teardrop down side of head) are useful for ID here.
Interesting....I didn't know that about the tongue.. and what about that slightly flat looking abdomen?

Can you tell which hoverfly it is from this picture?

Anyway, Hoverfly's Breakfast just doesn't have the same ring to it does it? ;)

Last edited:
Back