Critique Beetle juice

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Im really pleased with these shots, all taken with Nikon 35-105 MF lens and DCR-250, all with diffused Pringles tube flash.
This little beetle was great to pose for me, I saw it had a hair stuck to its back leg and when I pulled it off the beetle sqeeked, I mean really sqeeked, Ive never known a beetle to make a sound, let alone sound like a mouse, just Fantastic.

View attachment 20509
Just landed again
View attachment 20510
I was amazed at the green eyes on this very small fly, ID , well I dont care really :D
View attachment 20511
Loads of little moths around the outside light.
View attachment 20512

Thanks for looking and any C & C is welcome.

Last edited:
Are these all on your kitchen side... its like a bug paradise? :D

I think the background has tricked your camera and underexposed them. All suffer same issue of being underexposed.

#3 eyes are on the back end of the focal plane but others look good that wise.

#4 crop to 16:9

(y)

Are these all on your kitchen side... its like a bug paradise? :D

I think the background has tricked your camera and underexposed them. All suffer same issue of being underexposed.

#3 eyes are on the back end of the focal plane but others look good that wise.

#4 crop to 16:9

(y)
Thanks, no in the garden after I turn the lights on to attract them all. maybe thats why they are under exposed as they were all next to the light, what the heck is 16:9?

Probably the same ratio as your TV lol unless you still live in the 80s with a 4:3 TV. :p

Its cropped photo to a 16:9 ratio.
Square?

1:1 is macro life size so can't be square ;)

Like the beetle shots.....although like Bryn said, I think adding a little exposure would definitely improve them! :)

like your head my friend ( Blockhead!! :ROFLMAO::D:D:D)

Agree about what's been said already Graham, nice work just need to be exposed a little better.

You might fall lucky with creepies when you visit me, there's always something crawling about :wideyed::D

Back