belle tout lighthouse & beachy head lighthouse

Name
Will
Edit My Images
No
took these the other night during sunset

iam normally a total wideangle landscape fan and start worrying if i go narrower than 15mm...most my stuff is at 10-13mm

but have wanted to push myself in getting more work at a longer focal length

this was taken at 149mm

was a very RED setting sun, really impressive to watch

belle tout lighthouse...beachyhead
205520_148254615241896_100001720741100_300307_1572553_n.jpg

then went wide on my way back a little while after the sun had set

love this time after the sun has set, the colours really come out

beachyhead lighthouse
205515_148264281907596_100001720741100_300339_5705308_n.jpg

like em (y) hate em :thumbsdown: let me no ;)

Two beautiful shots- The colours in both are stunning, I prefer #2 with the contrast of the size of the lighthouse in relation to the cliffs.

thanks Rob

this is very high cliff, think this point is around 500ft

hopefully will be getting pics from down the bottom soon so you can really see the contrast in the size

just need to get tide timing right :)

I need to get down there some time, keep promising an uncle that I'll pop down one day!

Two very nice shots, like them both. There's a bit of a halo around the top of the rock in shot two, easily fixed though.

2 excellent & well composed images

thanks petee

Great shots. That is one impressive sunset and a very pleasing composition. The second image gives me vertigo!

cheers :) think how i felt, i had to climb down a little bank to be right on the edge for the second one....hope health and safty dont get onto me ;)

LOVE them both.

thankyou:)

Hello I like them both with number 1 being my favourite great work and i think it would look nice framed and on the wall (y)

thanks Keven, i was pleased with number 1, good to get away from wideangle sometimes.
just ordered it in print and hopefully will be on the wall of a local gallery soon ;)

Two cracking shots!

I like the silhouette of #1, there's plenty of detail in the foreground and the exposure control of the sun is spot on.

As for #2, I can only echo previous comments about the colours and the contrast in scale between two inanimate objects.

Good work! (y)

Two great shots there fella. Can't fault the comp, framing, anything really. Really beautiful stuff.

2 very nice shots, i prefer the second though, the scale of the objects is impressive and i like the cliffs as the foreground :)

These are really nice, favourite has to be #2... Despite being dominated by the cliff in the frame, the red stripes on the lighthouse draw the eye. This belongs on a wall!

Gotta say Will you are a brave/foolhardy soul for your art. Love the first but for me it's number two. Very well seen, love the way the horizon blends with sky.
Take care, I'm getting pins and needles...

Both are fantastic - I think the colours in the second shot win it for me!

Tom

I like then both very much. I'd also be massively pleased if I'd taken them.

no.1 is really nice

Gotta say Will you are a brave/foolhardy soul for your art. Love the first but for me it's number two. Very well seen, love the way the horizon blends with sky.
Take care, I'm getting pins and needles...

thankyou, it makes it all worth it :)

Both are fantastic - I think the colours in the second shot win it for me!

Tom

that one seems to be fav for most, thanks for commenting

I like then both very much. I'd also be massively pleased if I'd taken them.

no.1 is really nice

thankyou

thanks everyone, is great for any feedback
both have just be approved to be framed and hung in a local gallery to be sold, so that is awesome :D

Back