Best Lens Hood For My Sony A200?

Name
Aaron
Edit My Images
Yes
What is the best lens hood for my Sony A200? I have been using the small lens hood that comes as standard with the A200 but I feel its not doing much and its time to upgrade. Do you guys have any ideas on which to get?

I have the 18-70mm kit lens that come with it and currently have no other lens yet (soon will be :))

Also what is the difference between a 'normal' lens hood, think its cylindrical one and a petal hood?

you cant have too long a lens hood or you risk the lens hood intruding into the frame , i doubt you would improve on the supplied hood :)

I have the 18-70mm kit lens that come with it and currently have no other lens yet (soon will be :))
your new lens should come with a lens hood - lens hoods are for individual lenses & not for bodies ;)

Also what is the difference between a 'normal' lens hood, think its cylindrical one and a petal hood?
a normal lens hood is cylindrical, a petal hood is cut away e.g. like http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/alesshans/IMG_6520.jpg with shorter petals on the sides than top & bottom (because the image format is rectangular).

As above, lens hoods are specific to that lens - although some do fit more than 1 lens. Not sure about Sony lenses, if a new lens will come with a lens hood - Canon's don't (L series does), but Sigma's generally do. (y)

Back