Best Place to buy Tokina 11-16mm 2.8mm.? One Stop Digital..?

Name
Alex Tyler
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok so iam looking at selling my Canon 10-22mm for the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 for better low light shooting.

I have been looking around and seems ebay is the cheapest at £450ish for the lens. But most of these say they are located in China or something along those lines.

I also noticed OneStopDigital is doing it for £455 with 1 year warranty, anyone used this site before..? Everywhere else seems to be £550ish so is OneStopDigital trust worthy anyone used them before..?

Or anyone else recommend where to buy the Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 Canon Fit...

Thanks,

Tyler

Amazon have them for around £530.

I'd question whether you'll get much of a low light advantage going from f/3.5 to f/2.8. I'd doubt it'll make much of any difference to make the swap worthwhile TBH.

Last edited:
Buy from Amazon or Kerso. You run the risk of paying duty and VAT importing from China, which will bump the price well over £550.

I bought the very same lens (Nikon fit) from OSD a couple of weeks back. Excellent service and I have another lens arriving today from them.(y)

Amazon have them for around £530.

I'd question whether you'll get much of a low light advantage going from f/3.5 to f/2.8. I'd doubt it'll make much of any difference to make the swap worthwhile TBH.

Generally for filming I am in ver low light stuff, so being able to put it down 2 stops.? means i can put down my ISO two stops.

Yep cheers guys managed to order one from Kerso for a very nice price (y)

Thanks,

Tyler

Tyler138 said:
Generally for filming I am in ver low light stuff, so being able to put it down 2 stops.? means i can put down my ISO two stops.

Yep cheers guys managed to order one from Kerso for a very nice price (y)

Thanks,

Tyler

No it doesnt quite work like that!

The difference between f/3.5 to f/2.8 is 1/15 down to 1/20th (a low light example at 800iso) It certainly won't enable you to lower the iso significantly if at all.

Last edited:
No it doesnt quite work like that!

The difference between f/3.5 to f/2.8 is 1/15 down to 1/20th (a low light example at 800iso) It certainly won't enable you to lower the iso significantly if at all.

If i have to i shoot up to 3200ISO, which has a lot of noise in video, being able to lower the aperture from f/3.5 to 2.8 would allow me to lower my iso then to ISO 2000 which is a much more usable image.

Which is a 2/3 stop between them..? Is that right.?

Tyler138 said:
If i have to i shoot up to 3200ISO, which has a lot of noise in video, being able to lower the aperture from f/3.5 to 2.8 would allow me to lower my iso then to ISO 2000 which is a much more usable image.

Which is a 2/3 stop between them..? Is that right.?

I see, for video I'm not sure of the exact benefits... But I'm pretty sure you won't be able to lower the iso by l that much. Maybe another videographer could advise?

Two stops on the lens doesn't exactly equate to -2 levels of iso though! Having said that it wouldn't be unlike me to misunderstand a fundamental rule of photography lol!

Last edited:
I see, for video I'm not sure of the exact benefits... But I'm pretty sure you won't be able to lower the iso by l that much. Maybe another videographer could advise?

Two stops on the lens doesn't exactly equate to -2 levels of iso though! Having said that it wouldn't be unlike me to misunderstand a fundamental rule of photography lol!

mmmm, From what i understand each interval on iso, shutter and aperture is 1/3 stop..? Any one confirm..?

That sounds about right. F2.8 is twice as much light as F4 so ISO 3200 would become 1600.

I think I'm getting my multipliers wrong! Back to Talk Basics for me, lol!

Back