Best Places in the Peak District

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Any good locations in the Peak District please.
I'm looking to go out this week and take some landscapes, Autumn colours etc.
Thanks
Dave

off the top of my head

magpie mine
tissington trail
derwent resovior

The Chatsworth estate is always stunning at this time of year, I'm heading out there tomorrow to get some shots as a matter of fact. Monsal Head is a good spot as well.

+1 for Derwent reservoir and Monsal Head. There's a nice walk down the river from Monsal Head too. Also Castleton, Winnats Pass, Matlock Bath, Ladybower

As your from staffordshire...Roaches is great for sunset.

Ladybower and the reservoirs there are also good, sunset at Ladybower can be fantastic.

Mam Tor for sunrise.

Mid-day things, go to padley gorge for some long exposure work with water.

They're your main areas, but plenty of other stuff. Depends how early your prepared to get up and late to stay out and how much walking you wish to do.

Take a look at my Flickr/Website and click Peak District, its my stomping ground so hopefully may give you some ideas.

Another here for Padley Gorge, also Hathersage Edges and the millstones.
Great cafe at the 'Pool' in Hathersage too!

Derwent reservoir and Monsal Head Thumbs Up,plenty more near by, don't be tempted to walk up the hills side oa Derwent,unless you've got thunder thighs,Steep Steep Steep
Out of curiosity,Chatsworth what sort of charges for ground entry etc

As your from staffordshire...Roaches is great for sunset.

Ladybower and the reservoirs there are also good, sunset at Ladybower can be fantastic.

Mam Tor for sunrise.

Mid-day things, go to padley gorge for some long exposure work with water.

They're your main areas, but plenty of other stuff. Depends how early your prepared to get up and late to stay out and how much walking you wish to do.

Take a look at my Flickr/Website and click Peak District, its my stomping ground so hopefully may give you some ideas.

Sorry, cant help with location, but had a quick look at you pics on you web site James, and you have some crackers. (y)

The gardens at Chatsworth are £7.50 but the estate is free to drive through. If you park up at the garden centre car park I think its a couple of quid parking but the walks down by the river are really good.

I think Dovestones reservoir is sort of Peak District. If so, I think it's a fantastic place to go.

WOW!! Thanks Guys for all the interesting locations, some really useful information, now to get out the map and plan my route.
Thanks again to you all, very much appreciated
Dave

"granty" are there any pull ins where you can kip the night in camper van ?
Mam Tor area

I've seen campervans many times in the Mam Nick car park, its literally a 10 minute walk from the car park to summit, maybe even less if your really fit. It is a national trust pay and display car park, so useful if your a member.

If you don't wish to pay for a carpark and don't mind a layby, theres plenty on the road before you go into the car park. Its a bit of a stepper walk to the top from here though.

I think Dovestones reservoir is sort of Peak District. If so, I think it's a fantastic place to go.

Definitely in the Peak District, its west facing so good for sunset. I've not been yet but I have seen some fantastic pictures. Trouble for me is, its about 65 miles away so quite a trek for it not to materialise!

dovedale in the white peaks near buxton also erwood reservoir & valley is great this time of year as lots of different autumn colours from the trees

Padley Gorge and Hathersage Edges for me too. Was up there a couple of weeks ago and there were some lovely Autumnal colours about!

Definitely in the Peak District, its west facing so good for sunset. I've not been yet but I have seen some fantastic pictures. Trouble for me is, its about 65 miles away so quite a trek for it not to materialise!

I live near Dovestones. It's just barely in the Peak District; it sits right on the very edge and even has an Oldham postcode! There's a lovely walk around there. Just watch out for the parking police.

Back