Best price for LR3?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
I am looking to buy LR3 in the next couple of days and would like to know the best price anyone has seen it for - a strictly legit one please.

OK I will narrow this down. Amazon have it for £220 so if anyone can find it cheaper let me know.

Last edited:
Do like I did joined a 10 week course Photo course at your local College for £67 get a student registration letter submit to Adobe and get CS5 Extended for £185 and Lightroom 3 for £64 freep+p normal price £930 and £200+ respectively and all are full commercial versions.
http://store2.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-EDU-UK&event=displayHome
Send me a PM if you want to know more

Dave

I like this idea. I would be interested in finding whatever is the cheapest course that would qualify and just not doing it, to get the software. Is there some stipulations as to what qualifies?

I had a look at my local college and there is a 10 week course for £76. Seems pretty good. I don't think I would actually go to the course but for the discount it looks a no brainer

If you can get a student card with your photo on the better, if not, get a student registration letter from the College and add a copy of your passport photo to the letter and send this in to Adobe. It has to be sent in within 6 days of buying the software
Dave
PS first of all you need to register with Adobe

I'm told if you are a member of NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals) you get a discount with ADOBE - not sure if it's 10% or 20%

Don't think it's valid on top of the student discount..

Annie you dont have to be in full time education. If you are doing a part time course at a higher Education/further Education college this will qualify.
I have just gone through the process without any problems
Dave

Just to add - I got the discounted version because I work for a charity and use LR for work. Had to submit proof of working for the charity.

This suggests you must be in full time education for 2 years?

Nope. It says that you have to be studying at an institution that awards degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of full-time study. You, yousrelf, don't have to be studying for a degree, nor do you have to be studying full-time. I signed up for a 10-week OU course just to qualify for various academic discounts. Cost me £150 - saved me around £1500.

One here for £172.50 - not sure if it's Mac, Windows or both though (confusing advert).

http://www.platosoftware.co.uk/products/adobe/adobe-photoshop-lightroom-3-mac-windows--p450.html

Scam or Pirate site I reckon.

It has all the hallmarks - low prices.. claims to have been around for years (but no one has heard of them!) and only just registered.

Whois Report
Domain name:
platosoftware.co.uk

Registrant:
Plato Software

Registrant type:
UK Partnership

Registrant's address:
26 York Street,
London
London
W1U 6PZ
United Kingdom

Registrar:
Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]
URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 07-May-2010

A friend of mine decided to not use any illegal software on her computer on moral grounds and wanted CS5. When she started a Photoshop course the other week I helped here to get the student edition of CS5 from Adobe. Now the course she is doing is an Adult Education course 2 hours/week for 10 weeks cost £53.

She paid for the CS5 and then they ask for proof of the course and identity, so we scanned the enrolment form and her passport and sent that. We had to phone up because the Adobe user interface on their site wasn't very intuitive, only seemingly allowing one file to be sent, but anyway it got sorted. Received the CS5 3 days after payment.

The cost was £186 as compared to the full price of £644. :eek:

She was offered Lightroom 3 when buying CS5, again with the Student Discountm for again £186 I think.

The Adobe site says about who can qualify for the Student Discount, which as you can see above is considerable;

* attending a primary or secondary school, university, or college
* enrolled full- or part-time with a valid student ID

Back