Best way to clean front and back lens elements

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I've always wondered if I'm doing it right!

I'm not interested in a discussion about UV or protector filters (the same question would apply to cleaning a filter), but how do you clean your front (and less frequently, your rear ;)) elements?

Back in the days when I shot film, I used a blower brush, lens tissue and lens cleaning fluid.

These days, I am blowing off any dust using my breath, then misting up the lens by breathing on it, and then gently wiping it with a cloth from an optician, which I am scrupulous about keeping grit-free.

Any other top tips, or do you guys remove smudges and dust in the same way?

Thanks

Neil

Rocket blower the front element, occasionally, wet clean with Baadder Optical Wonder when it is covered in pollen or other stuck on debris.

Never felt the need to clean a rear element, a bit of dust will not have any effect on the image anyway, see this LINK for an example of how bad they can get

Thanks Martyn - I'll check out that product.

Any other opinions or advice from others?

Thanks

Neil

Neil try the baader optical wonder cloth as well, I've used them ever since they came out over here on camera's, lenses, telescopes, eyepieces and my glasses and I still have the original bottle of wonder fluid, a little really goes a long way.

Baader wonder fluid/cloth here

Thanks Ian as well. I've just ordered the cloth, cleaning fluid and new air blower online.

Neil

Back