Bethany - now with requested edit

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
no prizes for guessing the lighting set up on these I am afraid, I just quite like them, but c&c more than welcome. She is a bit stuck with a badly sprained ankle atm, so keeping her in the studio wasn't difficult :whistle: :LOL:

Lighting Lencarta 3 x 200w heads.

3382302929_371ea595de_o.jpg

3382302651_6972d6faf0_o.jpg

a bit nervous about posting this, I know it will be loved and hated in equal measure bu due to the chopping off of her head, was going to bin it anyway, so got all mono and contrasty on it. Just something different.

3382389689_4a0695b8b9_o.jpg

Last edited:
Something different, but also something nice. Cropping the top off heads is quite Vogue anyway, although I think this is somewhere between the two... a bit of a scalping you could say.
To be picky her hand is just losing a bit of detail in #2, but hey they look good to me (y)

Something different, but also something nice. Cropping the top off heads is quite Vogue anyway, although I think this is somewhere between the two... a bit of a scalping you could say.
To be picky her hand is just losing a bit of detail in #2, but hey they look good to me (y)

(y) thankyou. Yes, her hand is a little losing in detail, I shall have another look at that. So busy trying to get the whole right, that sometimes miss the detail, but it will come. Also notice in the first her eye has two catchlights, one could be got rid of too I think?

I think you could crop her head a tad more to make it work Yv...stick the eyes on the top third horizontal.... nice take, very intense look in her eyes, kinda makes it stand out above the rest.

Loving the first one too, lit beautifully.

ahhh....music to the ears 'lit beautifully' :LOL: Thanks Ad (y)

Will give that crop a go, it might just work (y)

The 3rd is actually my favourite Yv, really drawn in by it.... would be good to see it with the proposed crop by FB though, to see if the change of composition improves it even more.

Liking these very much! I also agree with Adam re a tighter crop on No3 but I'd be chuffed if I'd taken any one of these :)

Hi Yv

I actually love #3 to be honest and feel the conversion works exceptionally well on this image. Also, there's something different about that image; I think it's perhaps the way Bethany is looking at the camera that's a little more relaxed, and makes her look a lot more comfortable in front of the lens.

Very nice set though Yv... :)

Awesome Yv... totally awesome.

The B&W conversion and crop has worked perfectly, as has the high-key'ish effect on this image. Is this your daughter...? I bet she is really pleased with this image. I showed it to my wife and she said.... "wow, that's a beauty!"

Awesome Yv... totally awesome.

The B&W conversion and crop has worked perfectly, as has the high-key'ish effect on this image. Is this your daughter...? I bet she is really pleased with this image. I showed it to my wife and she said.... "wow, that's a beauty!"

She loves you too now Jon after reading that comment! :LOL: (y)

Yep, my youngest, 15 on friday and really starting to grow up.

She loves you too now Jon after reading that comment! :LOL: (y)

Yep, my youngest, 15 on friday and really starting to grow up.
Hehe... bless her...

Even Heather, my 11 (come 18) yr old, says Bethany is gorgeous Yv. Honestly Yv, you've managed to capture a superb high-key shot there, one I feel will be a keep er for years to come.

I'd offer a few suggestions as to what I'd do to make it even better, but who the heck am I...! Super image... :) Tell Bethany she should be proud of (1) her Mum, for taking such a superb photo, and (2) be proud of herself, for looking so relaxed in front of the camera.

:)

loverly model but the b/g is to white for me ;)

md:wave:

imho no john its not a true high key image ...

i was joking about the white being to white:LOL: but as for a highkey image no not imho

md(y)

as ive said yv try a litte contrast on the top two (y)

Love #3 with the new crop
Would change the footwear in #2!

Great set :clap:

imho no john its not a true high key image ...

i was joking about the white being to white:LOL: but as for a highkey image no not imho

md(y)

as ive said yv try a litte contrast on the top two (y)

Okies... I accept that... :)(y)

See, I bugger off for 30 minutes to walk dogs and come back to blokes mass debating :eek: :D

MD - I have on the ones n my HD, just havent reposted them, you are right, they do work better with a little bit of a contrast tweak (y)

John - I did think to play a bit more with mono shot but then changed my mind, I have that awful habit of playing one step too many, I like it as it is, so bit the bullet and ordered it as a 16x12 canvass print as part or her birthday present. She just got a new bedroom, so it will look pretty cool on her wall I hope, I don;t tink too many of her friends have anything like it. Dave is right, its not technically high key, as it wasn't shot like that and I have probably left a bit too much detail in the skin tone/texture to be truly high key [or my understanding of it anyway] but its certainly close. ;)

The High Contrast (as opposed to High-Key) cropped B&W image is top drawer stuff (y)

Something for me to aspire to with the portraits of my girls :)

3 for me i agree try and crop it tighter...break the rules

Really liking the mono ediy YV very well done. The rest are by no means shabby, just the edit is the standout from the set.

Mark(y)

Back