Beyond the Lake

As an exercise in exposure blending it's nicely done, but for me there's nothing in the frame interesting enough to hold my attention.

As an exercise in exposure blending it's nicely done, but for me there's nothing in the frame interesting enough to hold my attention.
Fair Point. It's just that sometimes I get taken in by a scene and capture it for what it is.

The colours are nice but you need a focal point to make it work, it could be something as simple as a bench or gate, as mentioned, to hold our attention and to create a focal point, usually this would be positioned on a third.

Otherwise there's quite a few things I like about it, the light, colour and detail are great, you just need that one more ingredient, albeit the most important one, a subject.

The colours are nice but you need a focal point to make it work, it could be something as simple as a bench or gate, as mentioned, to hold our attention and to create a focal point, usually this would be positioned on a third.

Otherwise there's quite a few things I like about it, the light, colour and detail are great, you just need that one more ingredient, albeit the most important one, a subject.
Tim, thanks for commenting. A wee dog arriving on cue in the bottom left third would have been good!

Back