bg-e9 grip & aa batteries help

Edit My Images
Yes
bg-e9 grip & aa batteries help

I have a canon bg-e9 grip I use with lp-e6 batteries , but I've stupidly lost my battery charger and I need my camera tomorrow .

Apparently the bg-e9 can take 6x AA batteries, but I'm not sure how

Anyone help me ?

It will have come with a battery tray that the AAs fit into. The use of AAs is only really for emergencies and you won't get many shots out a set.

Aah I don't have the tray , is there any way I can charge the batteries whilst they are in the camera ?

The only other charger I have is one for the 350d

Aah I don't have the tray , is there any way I can charge the batteries whilst they are in the camera ?

The only other charger I have is one for the 350d

Not that I'm aware of - how flat are your batteries ?

Would they last until you could get another charger ?

I wouldn't even know where to get a charger other than the internet

I wouldn't even know where to get a charger other than the internet

Yes, obvious place, although you could try a local camera shop - you don't necessarily need a genuine Canon one - you could get a 3rd party one to get you by

Managed to find my charger, but will be on the hunt for the battery tray as a backup and be more careful where I put my charger

Managed to find my charger, but will be on the hunt for the battery tray as a backup and be more careful where I put my charger

That's good news.

I try (don't always succeed) to make sure I put the charger back - if I've moved it - as soon as the batteries are charged.

Might be worth putting a wanted as up on hereof you don't find it...

For info, I have used AA's several times within my grip and they hold up pretty well. A single LPE6 has a capacity of 1800MaH @ 7.2v. Six standard Eneloop AA batteries provide 1900MaH @ 7.2v, so on paper offer slightly more clicks than an official battery.

In the real world I achieve ~400 clicks with a single LPE6, ~800 clicks with 2x LPE6's gripped, and ~500 clicks with a set of Eneloop AA's. This is with a large lens with IS turned on and plenty of screen use. My gut feeling is that the rated capacity of Canon batteries is optimistic.

Result

Got in touch with CEX who I bought the grip from , told them in should have come with a battery tray for AAs as well , they found one out and sent it to me.

Back