• Travel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colour

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Steve

We are once again attempting to drum up support for the Bi Weekly Assignment that was the brain child of Mr Gandhi, basically it just a fortnightly opportunity to shoot a picture for a subject and then post it in a thread. At the end of the fortnight a poll will be set up so that everyone can vote and the winner gets to choose the subject for the next one.

People will also be able to offer and receive critique on the photos in a separate thread. It’s all just for fun and to stimulate our passion for photography but unfortunately it has not taken off to well, so to that end we have decided to start again and let you all vote on one of the following subjects that will then be used as the theme for the re-launch.

Hopefully this will take off a little better…I have set the poll to run for 10 days so get your votes in while you have time. :)

Great idea Steve - might spur me on to making my first attempt public !

Gets my vote already !

The forum I used to frequent has a competition where if you win you get to choose the next theme. That was one aspect of winning which was a turn off to me. You will always get someone or 3 saying what a difficult theme etc.

This lone voice would prefer it to start off this way with a vote.

my 2d worth in old money :)

I think you my have something there sir! I'm all for democracy. It just may exceed Steve's load capacity for administering polls ;)

If you would like a poll for each fortnight as long as you can provide a list of options it can very easily and quickly be created. Just don't expect me to provide a new list every two weeks ;)

This sounds fun. I voted for night cos it gets late early these days dunnit. ;-)

:nunu: OK - who just voted for night, I am not amused :D

Steve said:
If you would like a poll for each fortnight as long as you can provide a list of options it can very easily and quickly be created. Just don't expect me to provide a new list every two weeks ;)

certainly can do. I have a huge list I've been coming up with since I started this idea. What else do I have to lie in bed and think about at night when I'm tossing and turning, wracked by guilt, fear and self loathing?

I'm just wonderin now if everybody who voted for 'bokeh' knows what it means/is?

or if anybody wants to vote for it and is too afraid to ask?

who knows?

maybe this link will help

bokeh

I wondered that when I added it to the poll. Its a confusing photography term that many will probably not totally understand.

Good link anyway :)

gandhi said:
I'm just wonderin now if everybody who voted for 'bokeh' knows what it means/is?

or if anybody wants to vote for it and is too afraid to ask?

who knows?

maybe this link will help

bokeh

I find your lack of faith disturbing ;)

it's not a lack of faith.

It's an understanding of the needs of the less googly talented amongst us. A cossetting of those intimidated by technology and pointless newspeakism's :p

I have to say, nay admit I was one of the 'fraid to ask' brigade and had not gotten around to searching the net for it ! Prob solved thanx Ghandi and (nearly) understood now.
I count myself among the "less googly talented" then I assume ?

Oh and by the by apologies for the misdirected credits regarding the poll above ! :p

Cheers ...

Breaking News!!!

Well it is to me atleast;)

Autumn has crept up from behind to take the current lead :shock:

Interseting...very interesting.

Still a few more days to run before the poll closed so if you have not yet voted, get in there.

29 votes and we currently have autumn 1 vote ahead of night with 4 days remaining.

Just a friendly reminder to keep you all on your toes.

oooh, autumn and night tied now.

So who hasn't voted? there should be at least 150!!!!!!!

I know where you all live and will be round with my 'circle of confusion' to sort out any abstainers!

You can shake your circle of confusion at me as much as you want, and I'll just tell you to go get Hyperfocaled. :D

(BTW I've voted anyway).

I voted for people. Guess that isnt' gonna win. Oh wait, how many times can we vote? :p Why so many little votes though? Isn't there over 300 members if my memory serves me correctly? :ponders:

Jewel

You can only vote once if I set it up correctly, yes there are over 300 members but they don't all return regularly and we can't force them to vote anyway ;)

There are so many little votes as it gives you a graph result to easily see which is doing well...currently Autumn is just holding off stiff competition from night, with people giving them both a good chase :)

poll end tommorrow. Looks like autumn has just edged it........

unless theres going to be any late entries.......

I just hope we get as many pics as we've had votes!

The poll has ended and the winner is Autumn...I'll leave it up to gandhi to start a new thread and at the end of it the two weeks I will add a poll so that we can all vote on the best.

Phew, I'm glad Autumn won. I voted for the wrong one, hehe

Back