Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes

PLEASE ADVISE IF THIS IS INCORRECT FORUM

these were taken at a birds of prey displey at stockley farm, astley cheshire
there were a few birds here on show, owls etc
the harris hawk i got close enough to the glove, and she was pretty friendly
but moved around a bit...did an aperture priority setting to get max speed at 45mm and f 5.6..i think i was to close and lost the hyperfocal point in the eye so shallow was the dof
this is the 'best' of what i got
she is around 4 years old
i have a friend who has one which i have never seen...so this is a first for me
ps he is a butcher so i must make the effort to see his harris hawk soon
the barn owl was showing off going all over the place and doing aerobatics...i got the shot as she left a high perch just above me
cheers
geof

Love no2 :)

I always get pd off with great shots ruined by backgrounds as in No1. I know you were probably stuck with it but its just so frustrating. Its a great shot bar that.

Love no2 :)

I always get pd off with great shots ruined by backgrounds as in No1. I know you were probably stuck with it but its just so frustrating. Its a great shot bar that.

yes i had to keep still so she would eye up the foodies...and try one handed to take the shot at highest speed
i tried to clone out the rubbish but to no avail
later at the ice cream stand the handler came up with here again but it was in shadow and she was a bit wingy at that stage needing a drink and a rest

That barn owl shot is pretty cool, has a really surreal feel to it... not sure why though lol

That barn owl shot is pretty cool, has a really surreal feel to it... not sure why though lol

i think its because i took the high perch out...and its a good sort of dreamy sky
thanks
geof

Back