Bittern

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken today, on an expedition with Ken (Stifler) never ever thought i could have too much lens on for one of these little beauts :) totally uncropped !

bittern4.jpg

Very nice! :) A little too tight on the left/bottom, but uncropped...what more can you do?! Well done!

Like it Ian, nice shot, do like the detail in the water riples. (y)

Pretty damned good mate (y)

Cracking shot! How annoying is that when they come too close for the long lens. :D

I'd be very tempted to clone out that long foreground stalk Ian. Looks well doable.

Nice one Ian, looks even closer than the Strumpshaw Bittern :clap:

I notice it's 600 only and sooo sharp, i mention this as i've just realised how poor my shots with extenders are since using the 1DS and how sharp they are without.

Gorgeous - still struggling to see on never mind photograph it! Regular sightings by others still doesn't mean I have spotted our local one. So you must have been supremely lucky to get this - no doubt luck caused by research, time out in the field, skill to not mess up the shot in the split second you had... usual type of jammy b**tard luck!

Gorgeous - still struggling to see on never mind photograph it! Regular sightings by others still doesn't mean I have spotted our local one. So you must have been supremely lucky to get this - no doubt luck caused by research, time out in the field, skill to not mess up the shot in the split second you had... usual type of jammy b**tard luck!

LOL :) yep all skill (actually it was all luck lol ;))

Lovely shot Ian - would agree with CT about cloning out that stalk.

well done in getting that pic mate..been bird watching for over 20 year and only seen 3..

Very rare shot and to have the bird wadding as well really make them great.
First shot wins for me nice to have the diagonal through the frame.

Top marks just for seeing one and getting it caught(y)(y). I know where there are some up here but have never seen one:bang:

:clap: well done for such an illusive bird

I went there for the first time today and saw two large lenses poking from the hide, must have been you two. I saw/captured my first Water Rail. Magnificent shots by the way.:clap:

Was that you asking directions and generally looking lost ? lol

Thanks all, is my second set of shots of a Bittern, but last one i lost the raw files in a hard drive disaster so have been hoping i would see one again :)

Was that you asking directions and generally looking lost ? lol

Thanks all, is my second set of shots of a Bittern, but last one i lost the raw files in a hard drive disaster so have been hoping i would see one again :)

OK I admit it, that was me :wacky:

Back