Black-headed Gull's

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Had an evening with the camera club at Northam Burrows tonight, I had lost my mojo recently and only doing a little macro work but tonight gave me a much needed boost and was nice to catch up with old friends as I have missed most evenings this year. Anyway back to the pics here are a couple of my better ones tonight of black-headed gulls

Black-headed gull by Adam Sibbald, on Flickr

Black-headed gull by Adam Sibbald, on Flickr

Gulls must be good for mojos. Lovely sharp pictures and a taste of summer.

2 nicely timed captures Adam (y)

From a critical perspective, as good as the first is, the harsh light has really hurt number 1, A contrasty subject in this light is very difficult to shoot.

However, this brings me to the second. I don't know how much time elapsed between the 2 frames, but this one is much stronger. The light is good on the face, and whilst it was still quite harsh, details on both the highlights and the darks have been retained. If they were from the same shoot, then this is a perfect lesson in watching light angles before shooting. This second one has a great pose and details and a lovely background

Thank you both for the comments especially the feedback mike, they are both from same shoot but one might be slightly later in evening and one raw and one jpg as I was experimenting.

Back