Black Pheasant

Name
Willie
Edit My Images
Yes
First time I have seen one with this colouring.

6726925663_11a136b13f_b.jpg

6726923047_754e0961ee_b.jpg

6726919613_e4421529a1_b.jpg

Thanks, it was a horrible day so was shooting at 2.8 and high iso hand held and ended up with focus on feathers but liked the detail in the feathers, shame about the head but would have required 5.6 to get all the bird in focus head on but shutter speed would have been too slow for hand held.

Thanks, it was a horrible day so was shooting at 2.8 and high iso hand held and ended up with focus on feathers but liked the detail in the feathers, shame about the head but would have required 5.6 to get all the bird in focus head on but shutter speed would have been too slow for hand held.

you wouldn't have any problem with the gear that you are using...was it on the 300mm 2.8?

No it was 200mm lens at 2.8 1/250 iso 800, I was picking a mate up at his house and in the garden were a few pheasants and saw the black one so rushed to get photo before they ran off, totally unprepared and panicked a bit. :puke: Could have gone up to 1600 iso I suppose.

Its a melanistic hen Willie,there quite common,local shoots put them down for shooting.

Nice Will, it was great meeting you in Goa India, Ive just got back so just made you a contact, look forward to seeing your Goan bird shots (y) when you get back (y)

Cheers Dave, my last night tonight catching taxi at 10.30 Goa time.

Cheers Dave, my last night tonight catching taxi at 10.30 Goa time.

Hi Will, Its freezing over here, did you get new neighbours in our room? have a safe journey home, look forward to seeing your shots (y) especially the Spotted Owlet great looking birds, that you got shots from our balcony (y)

Back