Black Rapid RS7 or RS Sport

Name
Noel
Edit My Images
No
Hi ya,

Thinking about purchasing a black rapid strap, just not sure which of the two is better?

Would be great to hear from people who have tried out both.

Cheers

Havent tried the RS-7, so can't really comment on that, but I believe the rs-sport is similar and comes with the brad (under arm thing) as standard. I own the RS-sport and it is very comfortable, ergonomics are great and is very secure particularly with the brad attachment.

Ive had both, much prefer the sport as its more secure, especially with a heavy camera/lens combo. It doesnt move at all when pulling the camera up and down.

Cool - guess I'll go for the sport - do you know which is better the version 1 or the version 2?

I've read somewhere that with the v1 the webbing gets in the way or comes undone (think on the BRAD), which apparently gets annoying? Can u shed any light on this?

and also read v2 is for smaller build people ...just not sure what classes as smaller build.

Thanks guys!!!

I have the rs-sport 2, which is the slim version. Im 6ft tall medium build and carry d7k with 17-55 (heavy lens) or the 70-200 attached without problems.

I also have the rs-sport 2, great strap and very comfortable. Im a broad build, about 5" 9 and carrying a D7K with a 24-70 attached normally with no problems. The underarm strap is a god send :)

Brilliant - just ordered myself the RS Sport 2 strap (y)

Thanks for the help!

carrying a D7K with a 24-70 attached

Hi Faddius,

Just out of curiosity, how do you find the focal range of the 24-70mm on a DX camera?

Was considering getting this lens (more for when I move to fx), but in the meantime to use on dx whilst I'm saving for a new camera.

Cheers

Back