*** Blurb Photobooks, exclusive TP Member discount! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a couple of probably stupid questions about these books from Blurb, I'm looking to create a book of photo's from our holiday to Thailand last year so they finaly reside somewhere they may get looked at!

1. Do I have to keep the copyright pages as I don't really care and only one copywill ever be printed?
2. Does it automatically get published to the blurb bookstore? I don't really want my holiday snaps being available for all and sundry in a book shop!

Cheers for any help!

No to both questions

1. The copyright text is editable within the BookSmart software. Simply click on the text and edit or delete it
2. You have to "turn on" public viewing and bookstore availability. Both are off by default

Thanks for answering those questions, didn't think they would be required but didn't want to put in the hours of work only to find out I'd wasted my time!

My Book has just arrived!!!! :clap: thats just 36 days since it was ordered. Never mind, the quality is excellent, very pleased. :love:

My 2 books arrived yesterday, Hard cover dust jackets, 160 pages premium paper and they look superb, I don't think you can tell the difference from a book you'd buy in the shop, will deff use again.
Priority shipping, was delivered in 6 working days! Excellent!

My Blurb book arrived today! I ordered it on Feb 19, received the shipping notice on Feb 26, and it arrived today on Mar 7, just 9 days after shipping. This was all with regular shipping, no priority or anything.

I just did a small book with pics from my trip to Prague and I am very, very pleased with the results. It was a test run to see if I would use Blurb and do something similar in the future, and I am glad to say that I would.

ANyone know if the discount offer is still on?

currently no offers on, but hope to have something else again soon

Just got an email from Blurb acknowledging their UK economy shipping issues in the past and that they have taken action to correct them, which I experienced a couple of weeks ago when I received my economy shipment within 2 weeks of ordering. Also in the email was a code for a discount in shipping up to £10 (so free economy or discounted priority). I think I might have to put another book together soon since it expires at the end of April. Not too bad though!

Having read all the delivery issues on this thread I was worried about ordering a book from Blurb, but having looked at (and used in the past) the competitors services and costs decided to take the risk and was really pleased with the results.

It took 6 days to make and following an email confirming dispatch I received the delivery in 4 days using the economy shipping method.... so it does looks like they may have resolved the issues they have had, and it big thumbs up from me for blurb (y)

The only negative experience I had was use of the fixed templates, others services I have used have allowed me to make my own page layouts for both pictures and text, so found it a little limiting. However, they do have vast array of backgrounds and styling to help personalise the book should you wish to experiment.

Lee

You can always create your layouts in another program (I just use Photoshop, but there are dedicated programs out there) and then flatten and save as a hi-res jpeg.

I have the page templates for the various sizes for Photoshop and inDesign if you're interested.

I'd be interested in the Photoshop ones myself if you don't mind. I plan on doing a year-end travel book and would like a little more freedom in the layout. If you don't mind doing so just let me know and I will PM you my email address to fire them to.

Thanks!

You can always create your layouts in another program (I just use Photoshop, but there are dedicated programs out there) and then flatten and save as a hi-res jpeg.

I have the page templates for the various sizes for Photoshop and inDesign if you're interested.

I've been following this thread with some interest as I'd like to put a book or two together too, and this is how I'd do it too Mark

Design your own and upload one image per page even if it has 20 little ones on it seems a much more satisfying way than learning yet another program to me

(y)

So the consensus then is...

...there may or may not be time delays, but the book/image quality is very good when it arrives

Yes ???

DD

My rush order arrived within 8 days I believe, and I think the quailty was superb! Everyone thats seen it loves it and wants one as well :D

Go for it DD!

My rush order arrived within 8 days I believe, and I think the quailty was superb! Everyone thats seen it loves it and wants one as well :D

Go for it DD!

Cheers m'Dears

If you like it, I'm sure I will too (y)

(Especially since I know where you live and if it's crap I will call round and beat you to death with it :D)

DD

Yeah? Tough guy?!?!?! Well I have two of them, so I can attack you from both sides :LOL:

Really good site as it has several different articles about PS with Blurb, such as spanning a single image over two pages.

Woo - thanks Mark, have bookmarked that, got a few books coming up that I want to do slightly different. (y)

Bumpage!

Ive had a delivery of another book today, and its superb! Took 8 days to arrive from date of ordering, and its brilliant! Ive done it as a wedding present album type thing, and its just perfect! The people that pay £800+ for an album are nuts, this book cost me £40 and its stunning!

:LOL: couldn't find this thread the other day :bonk:

(y) from me again. Got a book done and delivered within a week on economy. Once I'd got all the issues about the software crashing sorted, although Blurb were superb about this and I emailed them on the Sunday not expecting a reply until at least Monday mid-morning but they had emailed me with a solution on the Sunday night (y) It fixed the issue and I was able to finish my book no problem.

The new layout editor is really good too although I still want to be able to rotate and put images slightly skewed.

Kelack, just create a new image in Photoshop the size of a full page bleed. (Large Landscape = 12.6" x 10.9" 300dpi)
Create your images in separate layer, size and rotate each image to your hearts content.
Flatten it, and save it as Jpeg.
Now drop the the whole image into your book on as a full page image
Done!
Quick example knocked together for you below.
Page.jpg

I just tried these guys out and I have to say I was very impressed with the quality and the timescale of delivery. I will definitely use them again.

Had another delivery! I am so bloody impressed with these guys, I deserve commission for the amount of people I recommend them to :D

Seriously, this book is superb quality, hope my bride and groom like it too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back