BMW E46 323i aka My FIRST rig shot!

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all!

I can finally say this is my most anticipated photo project since I first picked up a camera. Automotive photography is something I've always wanted to do and now I've finally got myself sorted out and set up with a decent rig, I can safely say I'm ready for the cynicism and I'm ready to learn too!

I went out tonight and shot my friend Justins (He's Krausey on here) beemer. He's an awesome photographer as it is and was really helpful towards me too!

Here's the first;
11591404894_a699c62513_z.jpg

Shot at 21mm on my 17-40L - 4 Sec exposure at F4. ISO100.
It's not as sharp as it could be, It was extremely dark outside and we actually used the spotlights from a nearby building to flood the car with light and this is the result of that.

Here's the second one;
11591102395_f38c5b1ac7_z.jpg

Funnily enough this is exactly the same exposure time as the previous photo, but this one came out alot sharper. I'm not sure whether or not the Flickr compression has made it look better but this is my preferred one of the two.

Let me know what you think! I've impressed myself with my first attempt but I'm always up for learning and understanding something further.

C&C welcome!

Cheers!

Definately not bad for a first rig! I prefer 1st due to tones and PP work!

I'd love to do something like this one day, great shots

The only thing I'd say with what little I know...

The second photo has a distracting light of some sort level with the wing mirror on the Nearside rear of the car, it caught my eye and just wouldn't let go ;)

Nice car too :)

I'd love to do something like this one day, great shots

The only thing I'd say with what little I know...

The second photo has a distracting light of some sort level with the wing mirror on the Nearside rear of the car, it caught my eye and just wouldn't let go ;)

Nice car too :)
Ahh yes, I see it now. I should of cloned that one out.. buggery haha. Thanks for the kind words!

Parked up cars in Tesco is a good hunting ground lol. Even if it's £20 for a couple of hours!

Try asking on the likes of pistonheads or particular case club forums too?

Guys love pics of their cars, especially rig ones like these!

Parked up cars in Tesco is a good hunting ground lol. Even if it's £20 for a couple of hours!

Try asking on the likes of pistonheads or particular case club forums too?

Guys love pics of their cars, especially rig ones like these!
Thats what I'm doing tonight!

Very nice! I am looking to get myself a rig, thinking about an SM11 from Hague. Just need some cash first. Oh, and better photoshop skills to edit the rig out.

Very nice! I am looking to get myself a rig, thinking about an SM11 from Hague. Just need some cash first. Oh, and better photoshop skills to edit the rig out.

I would say configure your own for your first rig! Get a decent boom from Rig-Pro, then source the rest from Manfrotto!

Back