BMW M135i

Yes it does indeed go like that and more, but with sensible head on then mpg is not to bad.

Sensible head on with an M BMW? Not possible:D I have a 1986 E28 M5 that I'm giving a full restoration but with the newer E34 M5 engine and turbo conversion. Aiming to get 600+ bhp which they are easily capable of. Can't wait to get it finished.

On a serious note though I love these shots. Every one of them the car just pops out even with the nice backgrounds and composition is spot on. Keep them coming (y)

What lens did you use? I've been meaning to try my hand at some car shots.

Last edited:
1 is my pick from this set Paul, the car just pops from the background (which I also love), although on a picky note the fact the 5 sign is clipped annoys me!

2 is an odd angle and the vignette is too heavy in my opinion, also think the shot could be improved by having the front wheels turned slightly so the face of the alloy is showing.

For 3 could you have included some of the side of the car?

4 perhaps show some of the road leading away from the car - the trees lining it look like they could provide a good backdrop...

Not a bad set in all though :)

Harry.

Very nice Paul, same colour as mine, and the right number of doors too :)

I love mine, and with 38mpg on the commute to work it's great, I just seem to spoil it by driving home via the back roads :banana:

The last one looks a bit to HDR/Tone Mapped, like you've pushed the shadows a bit too far. I'd also echo the comments about seeing more of the side of the car in this one - I think it either needs to be dead on the back (so you can see both mirrors) or back and sides.

I'd definitely use the 50mm next time. I never shoot cars with anything wider, as it distorts them, unless unavoidable (shows etc).

I really like the first two shots...Very nice :)

As we are both in Beds we should meet up for the ultimate hyper hatch photography face off :) You know blue on blue
http://www.oooia.com/volkswagen-golf-r-2014-review/

But yes, I'm still driving around for a good backdrop/location...

Back