BMX racing - National Event at Preston 2008

Edit My Images
No
Be as brutal as you like. All constructive criticism appreciated.

DSC_0364_800x600_.jpg

DSC_0366_800x600_.jpg

DSC_0519_800x600_.jpg

DSC_0308_800x600_.jpg

DSC_0346_800x600_.jpg

DSC_0127_800x600_.jpg

DSC_0163_800x600_.jpg

DSC_0284_copy_800x600_.jpg

DSC_0123_800x600_.jpg

DSC_0101_800x600_.jpg

Have you used flash on them all in daylight?

I did. It was quite overcast so natural light was poor.
Also with the panning technique I was experimenting with I needed something to freeze the target.

I am really poor on flash and have to use the shoot and hope approach so only use it in emergencies... I really need to look into flash for a lot of reasons :(

I would have gone for higher iso or something rather than flash.. but if your confident with it then :)

You got faces which is always good and I suppose flash will help wiht that as it will fill in.. no helmet shadows.

Presumably you know my ikle bruvver Brian then who has also posted some from Preston on here..

Last edited:
Well you've got a pretty decent set there. The closeups work well too.

For a different look, you could try getting down really low to make it look like the racers are jumping much higher, and also possibly use remote flash to get a different "look". Just ideas...

Hi Brian. Yes that's me. Not had chance to get to any other races since.
I hope to be at the European event at Cheddar this year though...

You don't happen to know who owned TibbsCycleStore do you?
It would appear he has stolen shot 5 from my Facebook page and used it on his website and in an advert in the back of Ride Magazine........

Last edited:
Good composition on all of them but because of the flash some of the whites look blown out. Is it just me and my monitor or does anyone else see it?

Hi Brian. Yes that's me. Not had chance to get to any other races since.
I hope to be at the European event at Cheddar this year though...

You don't happen to know who owned TibbsCycleStore do you?
It would appear he has stolen shot 5 from my Facebook page and used it on his website and in an advert in the back of Ride Magazine........

I think I will be at Chedder if so I will come over and say hi.:)

I have no idea who owns tibbs sorry but if you find out I hope you send them a LARGE bill...

Some potentially great shots in there I think with some processing, as the colours are a bit weak. The ones of Shanaze Reade might work in a high contrast black and white, or try and boost the colour. The second one of her is framed well. It can be quite hit and miss at times with such a fast sport, so well done

Back