bnw

Name
Tristan
Edit My Images
Yes
had a go at making some new B&W conversion methods...

First is supposed to be more film effect, 2nd more grunge effect for women.

Do these work or fail?

m019b.jpg

Larger

m20b.jpg

Larger

Last edited:
Work for me. Perhaps the second one needs a slightly tighter or looser crop - too close to top of head?

These don't seem to work for me Tristan, almost flat, but then I'm used to the gorgeous colours you usually produce.

These are both good b&w conversions. The films effect is particularly good. However, I must agree with fabs in part, your colour work is good and probably something you are known for now. These images don't stand up as well as your others if your were to include these in a portfolio. Also I think you'd get more commercial success with your colour processing.

Having seen the colour versions I prefer those, but thats not what you asked so, with regards the processing I think film process works well, but not so sure about the grunge effect as the background bokeh is still very smooth and clean. It may work better with a different shot :shrug:

Hope this helps

Lee.

The first one is working well. I'm seeing a wierd halo on the model's right in the second and I agree with the above re the too smooth bokeh.

Where're the colour versions? I'm curious now.

oooooo! I like these! The PP on both is great (y)

Back