Bogged at the Lake

Name
mark
Edit My Images
No
Late afternoon at Lake Mokoan, 30kms from home, it's 4:00PM an hour before sundown, full frontal light on the lake,
hastily I drive off road, creative juices flowing, get close, don't get bogged ... famous last thought!
Bog1.jpg

The Pintara goes down, black looks from Janette, stick trick fails,
I call our daughter who arrives in the Land Rover 40 minutes later and hooks us out.
Bog2.jpg

Downunder it gets dark quickly, I grab a few quickies that wont compose.
Bog3.jpg

Soggy underfoot as look for angles, it's bitterly cold, my next car will be a 4WD!
Bog4.jpg

... and not even a single damned duck in sight!​

Last edited:
Thank you Sara :) - the lake is man made and dead trees resulted.

The Land Rover made light of pulling the Pintara from the bog

Agreed about the colours, get a 4x4 and take more to share with us in a grey UK.

Great story, Mark, and nice colourful pictures. If that's what Australia is like in the winter, I'm living in the wrong place! :)
thanks garry - it does get chilly in Oz but not to compare to what I've seen of your winter white outs. I enjoy our mild winters but summer temps between December and March can be unbearably hot.
Really like the colours in that last one there.
thanks Pickers.
Agreed about the colours, get a 4x4 and take more to share with us in a grey UK.
I've just bought a new camera (an Oly of course! (y)) so I'll be out and about at the end of the week to try it out (provided a lens mount adapter arrives! :thinking:).

Number 2 cropped above the car gives a lovely letterbox shot. Beautiful.

Back