Bonfire Eruption Fireworks

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I was asked to cover Redbank Scouts Bonfire and Fireworks Display Duxbury Park Chorley Lancashire, last week, here a couple of shots

Bonfire Eruption

4086418426_881ab0562e_o.jpg

Mount Vesuvius

4086418606_43b8bde63b_o.jpg

Thanks for looking

Dave

Last edited:
cant have been easy keeping the fire in check whilst keeping open long enough for the fireworks to show. Very nicely done (y)

A couple of fine piccies there, you certainly caught the atmosphere of the bonfire night (y)

Perhaps a slight rotation acw would improve on things a tad, as they both seem to be slightly leaning to the right (in my eyes), the second image leaning the most.

Very good captures Well done

Kirk

Thanks Kirk

cant have been easy keeping the fire in check whilst keeping open long enough for the fireworks to show. Very nicely done (y)

Cheers BMS, I covered the lens in the exposures so I could capture multiple fireworks, also on the 1st shot I used my finger to cover the bonfire area as well as keep covering the whole lens between fireworks

Thanks again for your comments

Dave

Last edited:
A couple of fine piccies there, you certainly caught the atmosphere of the bonfire night (y)

Perhaps a slight rotation acw would improve on things a tad, as they both seem to be slightly leaning to the right (in my eyes), the second image leaning the most.

Thanks MScotts much appreciated, I think because the bonfire is on a slight incline it looks off, if you look at the fence post at the left in front of the crowd, they are upright

Nice shots Dave! I do believe im on the shot somewhere... onstage somewhere in the fireworks enclosure. The fireworks dont look anywhere near as good as they do on your pics. The park is actually on a hill so the shots will look slightly out.

Thanks very much Chris, it was good to see you again, I didnt feel very well that day but did not want to let you down,thats why I only turned up at 2pm, it was a good day out though and I preferred it to last year as it was all Ariel, I spoke to the guy who was, setting the FW about how that would go off, and set up our enclosure so we were smack in line with the bommie, and FW beyond, to get them coming out of the bommie, the 1st is a very long exposure, with 3 separate fireworks, I used my lens cap to temp close the view off, between each FW, and finger to wiggling about over the bommie area, I think you can see it most in the crowd below the bommie, indisscript, blurry like, to try to stop it over exposing, thanks for your comments,

Last edited:
I really like these Dave you have captured the atmosphere extremely well. I love #1

I'm forever trying to get good FW shots myself (FAIL) you have managed to fill the frame fully with the FW's and the crowds are nicely lit as FG interest (y)

Really nice shots, I find the incline a little distracting though, as someone said above I though it was not straight.

Thanks Stiglet, as said I could have straightened it but decided against it :)

Cheers Peter it just been on our local TV news and weather programme :woot:

Number 1 is absolutely brilliant! The bonfire doesn't look like it has been overexposed yet you manage to keep it looking real whilst getting the fireworks at full burst. Superb!

Not quite my standard yet dave but keep trying ;)

141t8w.jpg

Seriously good pics though, number 1 is my personal fav. On a kinda unrelated note, aaaaaages ago you posted some pics of a samba drum from Astley Park. Well my mum and dad got chatting to a photographer who told them that when I got serious I'd move to Canon lol, I got a funny feeling that may have been you lol.

Very impressive miles better then my first time efforts up at Bibbys farm campsite fireworks and bonfire.

Cheers John it not my first time, Ive been trying firework images for the last 3 years being offical tog at this event, so talked to the guys, who set the FWs so had a good idea were to put my enclosure for best vantage

Last edited:
Back