Beginner Border terrier on the table

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Good evening all.

Thanks for popping in. I thought I would share few photos from my first shoot with person other than family member.

So as the story goes - I was asked if I could take few photos of new groomer at work at our kennels. Not much was expected from me, just before and after shot, but I thought I will try and do more, as much more as my skills and gear will allow me to.

I have D5100 with N50mm f/1.8G. Grooming room is fairly small, far too small for that lens, not really in 5 star condition, with lots of stuff needed for work, but also messing photos. I knew it was supposed to be relaxed few minutes, but since I never photographed stranger before, I felt quite stressed. Didn't want to interrupt her, didn't want to make her feel uncomortable and still wanted to show little fluff.

Anyway, so far I have 3 photos processed, there is still few more to go - originally planned on set of 10, but am finding them quite difficult to pick due to tight framing. Please have a look and of course feel free to comment and criticise - that's the only way to learn :).

34566875390_3454cba785_c.jpg

34913844446_800ea5d4ba_c.jpg

34143967503_53151f9cd5_c.jpg

I am just missing some 'after' shot and set would be complete - and good enough to post on her FB. I did take few snaps of him still in grooming room and had one beautiful chance of shooting him outside, with flowers in the background and with nicely diffused sunlight and... I messed up that shot, poor framing sent it to bin even before the mirror got back to its place. Live and learn... :)

I will update thread once I finish processing photos.

Cheers,
Tom

Initial thought was: get rid of the white chain in photo 1. Dead easy in PP I'd have thought.

Thank you for input Dude ;).

I thought about it, but the chain is integral part of grooming process and is visible on pretty much every single photo, so I left it where it is.

Reminds me of an Ewok :)

Personally i think i would have preffered the full body in focus on the first.

I like shot two though!

Back